• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AIRGUN of the YEAR 2022 (Full Review) TAIPAN Veteran TACTICAL Long

taipanveterantacticallong.JPG

Hey guys! I am proud to bring you my pick for Airgun or the Year for 2022. The Taipan Veteran Tactical (Long) is not only stunning to behold...it's also a merciless tack driver! ...and that's just with that factory tune! This bullpup style PCP air rifle can be tuned to shoot any ammo up to 1010 FPS and all the way down to 400 FPS. Add to that a CZ barrel and a regulator that delivers 60 on the money shots within 1-3 FPS of each other! This full review will give you an up close look at the best performing PCP rifle to come out in 2022. You can find this gun in stock now at Talon Tunes. Thanks for watching! -Nate

NOTE: This is version 2 of this video. Some of the comments below reflect version 1, when I said the gun was 300 bar. I fixed the video and reposted it.

taipanveteran-tacticallong.JPG

taipanveteranlongreview.JPG

Last edited:
Nate, why do you keep filling that gun to 300 bar when it is clearly marked on the receiver "Max. 250bar"?

View attachment 270178
Was wondering this myself. As usual, he puts his hands on the gun for about 20mins to do a review, and throws it up for sale. Lots of misinformation in his videos!

Even talontunes website states 250bar max fill!

Reactions: UCChris
Nate, why do you keep filling that gun to 300 bar when it is clearly marked on the receiver "Max. 250bar"?

Wow, that was a major mistake. I am suprised the gun worked. Hmmmm. I guess I'll leave a comment with a correction. I was in a hurry to do this video. I guess I should read the manual next time.

...maybe repost the video... Thanks for the heads up!

...and I did this video for free. Sending the gun back. I just had to try it!

Thank you for the very thorough review, Nate. Do you have any idea if the barrel is choked or not? Would definitely be interested in trying some slugs here.

They are choked, I also believe they are all LW barrels now. Unless you order the "aftermarket" CZ .22 barrel .

Reactions: UCChris

Specifications:

21.5″ CZ Hammer Forged Barrel

...just because someone puts it on the their page doesn't make it so though

Specifically labeled with an lw barrel but in the description says CZ

Oh and then you come to the search feature on this forum

Where answers are inconsistent
That is because some have CZ and some don't from my understanding most of the newer rifles if not all? (could be wrong here) have LW barrels

I think @mtnGhost could clarify this .... he is the Taipan Guru

Last edited:
Reactions: mtnGhost
Thats cool , just because someone puts it on the their page doesn't make it so
True, but just because members posted in the thread you linked that they have a LW barrel doesn't mean that the new Tactical has a LW barrel?
Specifically labeled with an lw barrel but in the description says CZ
Where is it labeled with a LW barrel?

Oh and then you come to the search feature on this forum

Where answers are inconsistent
That is because some have CZ and some don't from my understanding most of the newer rifles if not all? (could be wrong here) have LW barrels

I think @mtnGhost could clarify this .... he is the Taipan Guru

Capture3.JPG