Airgun Nation Accuracy (Green Balls with a White Plus Sign Inside)

For those who are not aware, on AGN awarding accuracy is a way to thank and recognize members for their contribution to threads by adding perspectives and helpful advice. It’s also a way to record our experiences in transactions with one another via the “Classifieds” forum (the ”Member Feedback” forum is another record of AGN transaction history). You can read a member’s accuracy history from their profile. To do so:

1) Click a member’s handle (their AGN screen name in red letters). Your will then be directed to a member’s profile page.

2) Next click the word “Accuracy” in red letters. From here you will see a list of post numbers in the left column (these are the posts that the member awarding accuracy points found helpful), and their comments about them directly across in the right-hand column.

3) You can also click the “post #” (in red) to read the post that an accuracy point was awarded for. This is another great way to learn from knowledgeable members.

Other comments may have “profile” to the left of them as opposed to a post #. This means that a member who wished to award an accuracy point visited another member’s profile and left an accuracy point and comment from said member’s profile. Awarding an accuracy point from a member’s profile is similar to awarding it from a post. To do so:

1) Visit a member’s profile and click the green “accuracy” ball (this is especially appropriate when members assist you via phone, text messages, PMs, and in person).

To leave a person an accuracy point from the post they shared within a thread:

1) Simply tap or click the green ball containing a white plus sign with the word “accuracy” below their screen name and country of origin in the left corner above their post that you found value in, located in the larger box containing the body of their post within a thread. 

There are several AGN members who participate regularly and help many other members, yet some have low accuracy scores. Some of these folks have been members for years. You read through some members’ accuracy scores and their buddies leave them a bubble or two for being their buddy……. that’s something else.

I’ve been noticing a crop of newbies who are becoming regular members. Some ask great questions, others come to AGN with years of airgun and shooting experience and add interesting perspectives to some of our threads. All this and yet several of these members have low accuracy scores. I propose we do something about it.

If someone has shared useful and meaningful information or experience, why not reward them for it? The AGN accuracy rating system also helps others to identify valuable and knowledgeable members. When viewing a member’s accuracy history it is often evident where they shine in their knowledge base because you may notice a significant number of accuracy points revolving around the same topic (e.g. bench-rest/precision shooting, tuning, compressors, pesting, scopes, etc). When you leave an accuracy comment, let us know what you found helpful and put your name or handle at the end of your comment. This isn’t a popularity contest. It’s more of a way of saying “thank you” and communicating to the rest of the airgun community, “Listen to this person. They know what they’re talking about. I listened and their advice benefitted me.” In sum, a member’s accuracy rating should accurately represent their reputation and contribution to AGN and the greater airgun community. 

Edited to add a few more details and points of emphasis.

Good on you Dave for bringing up the Accuracy Points (Green balls) system and how to use it. Especially for our new members. I also remember when we were able to give Red Balls to members lol. Although, I do agree with Biohazardman on how some members abused it. I remember one member used to have a ton of red balls and started a thread complaining about it lol. After admin removed the red ball system, he now has a lot of green balls. +1 to you for starting this thread.