• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun items you would never by used...... Curious to hear your thoughts.

Yeah! And used targets either!!

All kidding aside, I don’t think I’ll ever buy a used scope again(unless I know the person very well) as the two I bought used I had to send back and thank goodness they were Athlons cause Athlon replaced them for brand new.

I agree with buying guns that were home brew tuned. I often wonder about folks that tell all what they’ve done on an open forum, doing this and doing that, constantly in and out of their guns, in the quest for big power, then one day decide to put it up for sale. I myself would steer away from that but that’s me.

I worry more of parts I’ll need to replace because of stripped threads where important fasteners go on, cross threading of fasteners, or even just as bad, allen sockets badly rounded off.
To date, I've purchased a brand of scope I'm familiar with, BUT I didn't look closely enough it was a MRAD, not a deal breaker, just have to do some mental reprogramming. Picked up a Maverick Sniper, great price, no issues, tweaked it a touch and it's a tack driver. I'd sent the guy too much money and he was honest enough to refund me the couple of hundred.

But there are just some things I would never buy used - the primary one which comes to mind is a PCP Compressor. There's just no way to know how long how many hours on them,
If it is a slightly better compressor it should have a timer that counts the hours used
15090905.t.jpg

I have had very good luck with my purchases of used equipment. Most quality scopes will have ironclad guarantees in the event that something should go wrong. Air rifles from the best manufacturers will almost always have parts available, and being somewhat of a mechanical guy, I'm not intimidated when it comes to doing a little work on my airguns or fabricating a part.

I even bought a used Coltri MCH6 compressor that needed a bit of work. I looked at the parts diagrams, studied some youtube videos, bought some parts and began rebuilding it. I can now count on it to reliably fill my scba tanks.

In my experience, buying a good used product from a reliable source will result in a fine piece of equipment at a nice discount.

I would say the one thing that discourages me is distance. If I see a nice sleek rifle with a thin wrist area, even though I may be interested in it, I will generally not engage the seller. The only reason being that I'm afraid the simians in the shipping industry might break the stock.

I have no problem buying used. I am sure it will be in better shape then after I get it. Oh by the way, I have a couple used guns for sale!

But seriously, I have bought, sold and given away a lot of air gun related items on the forums. Been very lucky to have not got burned. Doesn’t take a lot of reading back post and feedback to make intelligent choices of who to deal with.