Airgun Handling in a company ad

In issue 71 (yes, it is older, but was given to me) of "Firearms News" Umarex has an ad for the Gauntlet and the person is carrying it over their shoulder holding it by the barrel.
I may be wrong, but surely one does not put undue stress on the barrel of a rifle that has NO support past the receiver.
What say ye that know more about it than I do.

Acceptable method or silly publicity/advertising department misstep.

If a gun .... any gun can't stand the rigors of "hunting" abuse then it is NOT a gun for me. I have heard it said that simply leaning a Marauder against its barrel will throw off POI but that has never been my experience with 5 Marauders and 1 Armada or any other gun I own. I carry in the manner most convenient at the time, however, I don't have any one to shoot with so my carry habits are different than when I am with another person.

Thurmond

If you ever pounded the "bush" you would carry you rifle about any way you could without dragging it. However, I agree, best to carry it NOT by the barrel.
Now get this one. I was watching IWA on youtube.. There in the booth was the rep showing off the wares. FINGER ON THE TRIGGER! For the life of me I can' remember the make.