Airgun friendly bc app

I am looking for an app that does well with airgun velocities and drag coefficients. Something to help me get data from my Labradar converted to bc's for entry into Strelok. I haven't found one yet that was user friendly and air gun friendly. I'm sure some of that has to do with my lack of techy prowess, but here I am. Lol Love to hear what you guys are using.

I have a Labradar and Strelock. I am not looking for them. I am looking for a phone app to take my labradar velocities and convert them into bc's. I then put the bc's in my strelock. I have an app for bc's, but I hate to use it. I would say it's not user friendly. I wind up pulling up AOA or Airgun depot on my laptop and using their calculators. My end goal here is to have all the apps on my phone. I would love to hear from people who are enjoying their bc calculator app for our hobby.

Lee,

sorry for your frustration, the app stores do not make it easy to find the right stuff. I wished there were reviewers out there that did side-by-side comparisons (tables!!) of all the functions of a set of apps so we could quickly find what suits our requirements.

For BC calculations using the airgun drag model GA I have only found ONE phone app (Strelok does not offer the GA yet, only the G1, R7, and RA4):

🔸 GPC Ballistics Applications
It's very recent, the author is a ballistic nut (mostly active on UK forums), and he offers a full ballistic suite.
Simple, intuitive, with brief instructions.
Free.
It offers all kinds of cool calculations, even those you didn't even know you needed...! (Seriously, very cool.)
He has them all on his webpage, and you can go to the respective app stores to download the mobile versions as well.
It also works on Windows, iOS, and even Linux.
Seriously cool.

Link: https://gpc.fotosoft.co.uk/Home.html

🔸 The particular phone app in the suite that calculates BC from two velocities is called: EasyBC.
You get the benefit of being able to use a brand new drag model besides the older GA model: the GA2 developed by ballistician Miles Morris.

🔸➔ But with a labradar you could get a lot more precise BC numbers over the full range of velocities, not just two.....

And for that.... on the GTA forum there is Bob Sterne (aka rsterne) and a professional ballistician, Miles Morris (aka Ballisticboy).
They will probably have spread sheets and advice on how to transform a whole data dump into a custom drag model (CDM). 👍🏼

🔹Please, share your BC research! 👍🏼

Matthias

I'll check it out. I haven't had great luck yet. I can figure you a cool looking string of bc's, but they don't always check out worth a hoot. I feel like Strelock should be able to help us with a calculator that uses drag profiles that match our projectiles, accurate at the speeds our airguns shoot them. I'd pay for the update. Short of that, I don't know. I'm looking. I'll definitely look at that website.

I meant to hit post on that yesterday. I have since given easy bc another chance. It would not let me adjust sight height, and I didn't find it flexible or intuitive. It gave me a bc of 0.101. The simple calculators like at aoa or airgundepot gave me around .06. The Kolbe one also gave me .06. Nsa lists the bc as .093. I think I'll keep looking. I'm up to 11 apps. Easy bc was definitely not the worst for us, assuming it winds up being accurate.

Lee,

I think we got two pairs of shoes here.... 🤣

Calculating BC from a velocities and range is the one pair.
➔ And so far I only see EasyBC from the GPC Ballistic Applications suite that gives us the option of the GA drag model.
Make sure you enter the atmospheric conditions of your BC test. At higher altitudes this really makes a big difference. I can walk you through it on the phone or Zoom.

Calculating trajectories to find holdovers or clicks to adjust for elevation and wind is a very different pair of shoes..... 😄
➔ And for that the MERO app of GPC Ballistic Applications doesn't reach Strelok Pro. Not by a far margin yet! Strelok seems to offer any and all imaginable reticles, he pushes half a dozen new ones out every couple weeks, it seems. Spectacular.

🔸 Note that Strelok Pro DOES offer us the GA drag model for the trajectory calculations, and scope height, and a lot of other stuff that is really cool — it's only for the BC calculations the Igor doesn't offer the GA model yet. (I meant to write to him already twice, I just need to do it....👍🏼)

➔ So, my day to day shooting app is Strelok Pro, but when I have to make calculations like BC, maximum range and energy on target, and what my tune's air efficiency is, for that GPC Ballistic Applications shiness very bright, especially as you can carry it anywhere.

Hope this is helpful! 👍🏼

Matthias

In my searching I'm seeing two trends. I found the Strelock corner under moa-mil that allows figuring bc by velocity and distance. When I use that and when I use easybc I come up with nearly the same numbers around 0.101. When I use AOA's calculator, Airgun Depot's calculator, and the Kolbe calculator I come up with right about 0.06. The Kolbe calculator warns me that " Nose length is less than one calibre. The calculated nose drag contributions for transonic and supersonic speeds are probably too high." So it seems to be saying to me that the g1 profile bc it gives me will be off. To me the warning indicates that the provided solution will be low.