• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun Economics

Argh.... desire....argh.....must resist temptation.....temporarily anyhow. Just bought an Omega Air Charger (could've been called an Omega Creditcard Charger). This will power my 10 pcp's for an initial cost of only $150.- per gun. Heck, I spent more on a scope. If the compressor lasts a few years without too much tinkering that will bring the cost down to less then 50.- per gun per year. My plan is to get a few more guns, thereby lowering the cost even further! What could possibly go wrong?
I like the logic in this instance 😄

Mine too. Then she took me to the jewelry store to have me prove the theory. A pair of 1ct diamond earrings later, she was convinced.

Doc
Yeah, after the $$$ I've spent on guns, ammo, scopes, compressor...you all know the drill, my wife now has a new sewing machine to add to HER collection. BTW that cost more than all of my stuff, I think I need to balance it out a bit.

Reactions: Doc C.
I remember that very well that I bough her a ring ones back in '86 in May 1st 10.37 am and it was sunny morning for whatever reason ... and I am sure that was a gold ring... but I cannot really remember that she ever asked me for any diamond tingy ... I guess .... I know what is a diamond, I have one for dressing my grinding wheel, also I saw she have a nail trimming/polishing diamond file. And I never had to learn cooking or grocery shopping or handling those machines in the basement I guess those called some washer and dryyer or something like that ... I gave back a leased car working from home third year already, and ... she let me drive her SUV... I think she just loves me ;)

Reactions: Doc C.
Brown Santa.jpg.png

Chinese industry manufacturers products of entire range of quality, just like the USA used too 50 years ago. We made our share of junk too don't forget. There are many examples of world class products coming from China. Most sub standard products from China are spec'ed and ordered by USA corporations.
If you doubt the Chinese ability to produce quality, take a look where your cell phone is made. The same prejudice was held over Japan until Honda and Toyota showed us otherwise in the 70's.
The Omega compressor is made by a brilliant enthusiast. These are good machines by any honest metric. Chinese make airguns that are world class. Seems like all we make in USA anymore is sour grapes.
May I remind you of the thread title, Airgun Economics. This subject has nothing to do with product quality or nation of manufacture. It has everything to do with spending money wisely extracting maximum value for the minimum investment. The major difference between the inexpensive compressor and the the commercial rated compressor is the ability to dissipate the generated heat. It is basic adiabatic physics. It is that ability that determines available duty cycle and durability. That in-built cooling is required and not present in cheap pumps. Buying those cheap pumps wastes money.

May I remind you of the thread title, Airgun Economics. This subject has nothing to do with product quality or nation of manufacture. It has everything to do with spending money wisely extracting maximum value for the minimum investment. The major difference between the inexpensive compressor and the the commercial rated compressor is the ability to dissipate the generated heat. It is basic adiabatic physics. It is that ability that determines available duty cycle and durability. That in-built cooling is required and not present in cheap pumps. Buying those cheap pumps wastes money.
Say What? Who are you, the make up rules guy. I will respond to conversation in any way I choose. The post is for humor, does that need explanation?

Say What? Who are you, the make up rules guy. I will respond to conversation in any way I choose. The post is for humor, does that need explanation?
Bad advice and incorrect statements are not humorous. In fact, they do a disservice to beginners in this sport. You can respond anyway you choose. It will of course, only advertise your lack of knowledge.