• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Airgun Depot's Long Rangers

You can do it Zach. Use a berm. Once again I did not and I just couldn't see half my shots. Do you sort pellets as many suggest? I don't. I just pick from the tin. Perhaps I might have been better off if I had. And 38 shots was weak sauce. Do me a favor and show me up.

I'm new to his long range stuff with airguns. One thing I can say I've learned from this challenge though is that shooting paper targets in my backyard at 18 measly yards seems...well, boring and pointless now. So, where to go from here? I think hunting would be the next logical choice. I know there is EBR less than 2 hours drive from me in October, but I probably won't be messing with any of that. So I think hunting might have to be the new path to take. Anyone feel the same about backyard plinking now that you've shot out to 150 plus?

”We’ve told others in a similar situation internationally to get ping pong balls, and fill them with powder. We will except international entries like this.”

So, I see they possibly misspelled ”accept” and used ”except” which means they will not be allowed in the drawing. But I believe they just misspelled it and mean they will ”ACCEPT” their entries. So screw it, why am I bothering making a purchase from them? That was posted in the comments under their ”long ranger challenge” update video. I'm sorry but they're bending their own rules. I call B.S.

I'm going out next weekend and using an egg and gonna upload the vid. If you can't beat the cheaters, then join 'em. Aye mates?

@Bizill

I had the same issue with long range powder burners, and why I got back into airgunning. I used to shoot at my dad's ranch out to 1000+ yds, but then he sold the ranch. So I only had a 100yd range to play with within 3 hours of me. And shooting a 6.5CM round at 100 yds is boring as hell. But trying to keep sub-MOA at 100yds with an air rifle? That's a challenge again. And I have to say, my new RAW is making it fun again.

Agreed. But you're still talkin' 100 yards. I'm sorta stuck with no land and it's the pits. I imagine that RAW at 100 is fun. If I don't have house repairs or upgrades or vehicles to fix then I'd love to throw a RAW into my small collection. 

I'm having fun with airguns because I only got 2 chances to shoot my .308 before .gov basically seized the land everyone shoots on and said "no more". Bastards! So I hung up my hat 8-9 years ago and have been itching for longer range shooting. I had no idea airguns had this kind of power or accuracy and now I know I'd be using these more than powder burners due to the quietness and the ability to shoot in the backyard...that is, until .gov sticks their noses into our business again or finds a treasure trove in regulating our sport.

thanks Bizill. i was expecting a lot of negative on this forum . no i dont sort pellets , to much time and i am busy. i will try again when this dry up. the rain made everything a mud hole. this contest is just a good reason to challenge all of our skills. great job for all that tried. its not easy even at 150 yards. i just have an air rifle that is capable of more and im going to find out how much more it and i got. seeing the damn ball is the hard part for me.

Reactions: Bizill
"Bizill"”We’ve told others in a similar situation internationally to get ping pong balls, and fill them with powder. We will except international entries like this.”

So, I see they possibly misspelled ”accept” and used ”except” which means they will not be allowed in the drawing. But I believe they just misspelled it and mean they will ”ACCEPT” their entries. So screw it, why am I bothering making a purchase from them? That was posted in the comments under their ”long ranger challenge” update video. I'm sorry but they're bending their own rules. I call B.S.

I'm going out next weekend and using an egg and gonna upload the vid. If you can't beat the cheaters, then join 'em. Aye mates?
Airgun Depot on Youtube: "
Keep in mind international participants can't enter to win the Impact, so no, we're sticking to the rules. But now someone international can join in on the fun (though they can't enter to win the Impact). Makes sense, right?"

That is good to know. They made no mention of this and at the risk of continuously coming out as a selfish prude, I think I am typing what some are thinking. But now that that is clarified, then sure, it would be cool to see what others can do all over the globe.

Well Bizill, I guess you're feelin it too, the Rules have gotten so blurred and the focus is on a few that have the Ability to mold the path of the contest in a Favored Direction, I observed this early on and dropped out due to that fact.
​. I liked your success in your video and the extreme Honesty you displayed by following the rules in your video, congratulations on your two hundred yard shot,good luck in the Drawing.

"airtraffic"Well Bizill, I guess you're feelin it too, the Rules have gotten so blurred and the focus is on a few that have the Ability to mold the path of the contest in a Favored Direction, I observed this early on and dropped out due to that fact.
​. I liked your success in your video and the extreme Honesty you displayed by following the rules in your video, congratulations on your two hundred yard shot,good luck in the Drawing.
Thank you sir, and it's now my 250 yard shot (took 38 shots to get there).

Hajimoto, Zach and others are gunnin' for me now. I am a marked man.

I wonder how long and how far someone will come along and get to the top of the list. I say someone will break 300 yards before this is over.
2Mmovsy.gif

Please do. Maybe I'll take you up sometime in the future and we can shoot my 8 paddle dueling tree out in the desert. It's 6 foot tall and made for hand gun and rifles. But I have paddles for .22lr which should work. But that'd be quite a drive to meet up. You got air? As in, scba?

I've got 3 more balls coming but might just sit this one out. Even with my 38 shots, that's pathetic. I feel I can do better at 250. At these distances you've gotta be good, but you're also dealing with a bit of luck. Wind will make or break yous so hopefully weather cooperates with you. Wake up early because our desert mornings are usually pretty calm. That's one (of my many) whiny excuses for having taken so many shots. I got up early, forgot my balls in my wife's purse and drove all the way back. I'm tellin' ya, it was dead calm but by the time I drove all the way out, the wind had begin to blow. Slightly, like 4 mph, but still. You could hear it in my non-muffled audio. Be smart, go early. All I look forward to is sleeping in on my weekends!

Oh, and be sure to weigh pellets. I didn't and at these distances, a grain or two will throw off your elevation even in zero wind.

Also beware, that Tom Weiss is on the come up! And some fella from Saudi Arabia I believe, but I may have missed how he's measuring distance.