• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Airgun Depot's Long Rangers

"jking"Great shooting wyshadow, I believe that's the worst conditions I've seen it done in so far. Nice job of covering all the angles and your setup. What did the powder burners think of your pea shooter? Congrats again,
Jimmy
The guy next to me was shooting his AR .223 and he was sighting in his gun at 100. He came over to me wanted to know what kind of silencer I had on my gun. He was blown away I was shooting at a golfball at 200 yards. 

"Bizill"You were aiming for the center ball, yes? Just asking as I had 2 balls side by side and I called out the right ball but my dumb arse hit the left one. Grrrr. That would have ended my session early. Nice gun. Never knew about it. I see you also had some powder burners sharing your berm. Did that mess with your psyche any? Nice shot. 200 yards.
I was aiming for the center ball. I put up three golfballs just in case two golfballs were blown off the pipe. Ive been coming to this shooting range for years and other shooters there don't bother me at all. The guy next to me was actually shooting at the 100 yard berm which was directly in front of the 200 yard berm I was shooting at. You could see some of his ricochets hit the 200 yard berm

Good thinking. I tried placing a ball on a tee atop the box I used as a backdrop. LOL. Obviously that didn't work out well as the first time I hit the box it took a fall. Got in the truck to drive down and place it elsewhere. Hence my mention in my video of driving 200 yards. If you have to go back and forth too many times in the heat, you're gonna mess up your concentration on the shot. 

You have any intention of pushing out further? You've got two more balls, haha, and adjustable scope rings. I say you can land yourself a 230+ yard shot.

"wyshadow"The hardest part of this was waiting for a calm morning to shoot. I should have shot the first day I went out to the shooting range but I was still able to make the shot at 200 yards. I think I will try 250 and 300 yards if I get lucky enough to get a very very calm morning. I zeroed my scope at 200 yards and figured out my drop for 250 and 300 yards. Its just the wind makes it very difficult to shot at these distances. Enjoy

Sweet shooting wyshadow!

So today I received my 150 and 175-Yard patches and stickers. My 200 is on the way and I'm thinking hard about 225 and 250. I would like to take a few minutes and thank all those that made this possible. I would like to thank Travis Whitney of Air Rifle Technology who believed in me and supported my effort with your quality super hammer and twin spring system assemblies. I would also like to thank Crosman for making a great rifle with the Benjamin Marauder Generation II in ,22 caliber.

I would like to thank AGD for putting this event on and bringing the air gun community together while having some fun shooting someone else's balls. Last but absolutely not least I would like to thank my buddy Jay of JaysOutdoor.Life, we have been friends for over 33 years and without your help and support I would not have been able to pull this off. From being bitten by ticks, mosquitos, and gnats to the incredible heat and humidity while at the range, you were there 100%. That steak you made on the portable grill while we were shooting our 150-yarders was absolutely AMAZING! Thank you brother.

To you, my fellow air gunners, thank you for your comments and kind words through this event. I look forward to sharing more videos with you all featuring my new awesome red AGD Limited Addition FX Impact so keep an eye out!
1f49f3f628b28983b548f400916cc626.jpg

See ya suckas!
😜

I'm definitely seeing many uploaded videos on AGD sans an AGN post in this thread.. I wonder how many found out about this challenge from AGD alone and how many are members here at AGN. I think some may be members here, but not everyone likes to post. There are plenty of lurkers I'm sure. I know I keep posting a lot, A LOT in this thread but this is really my kind of challenge. I love the participation and I love that there is a reward offered up. Pretty cool. I enjoy sharing in an accomplishment with the rest of you and look forward to each new challenger. I love seeing the various airguns used and associated gear. Keep 'em coming guys and gals.

Thanks Bizzil, I enjoyed this one. I actually did it four times off camera, first out of my truck window-6 shots, second and third time 6 shots off a RCBS fold out prairie dog bench. And the last time off the same bench in 3 shots. Gotta admit there's some pressure when you don't really like being on camera and hoping like hell you hit the thing. And yes lots of loud tree bugs but not many grasshoppers.

Yes sir. Camera shy. No pressure there! I think the majority of us did this in a few takes. I had one where I was wearing my flip flops and somehow managed to get stuck with some spines from a Cholla cactus. I was laughing hard at myself watching the vid later that day as I as cussing away in the vid. I should have done a bloopers reel. LOL. Good God are those tree bugs loud. Are they the loud in person or did the camera mic just happen to pic that up in that manner? I'm sure living out there you'd get use to it.

Yes they are very loud about 2-3 hours before nightfall till early morning, sometimes middle of the day. I've got a lots of trees near my home, I think something like 67 in my yard and a 6 acre patch of timber outside of the yard that I cut a lane through the middle of to build my shooting range on. It's like the cut scene on Friday the 13th every time I walk outside at night.

so this is my 150 yard golf ball shot things i would have changed 1 place target on dirt berm so i could see where my shots are in the dirt and got on target sooner with the no limit rings 2 after reading here that shooter has to be on camera i would have my buddy do that but i was right by him in the pasanger seat shooting out the back door you can hear me talking and takeing the shots 3 practise holding range finder to phone as to not wast camera time also maby investing in scope cam. all in all im very hapy with the chalange i was exited about it and had a great time doing it and if for some reason i have to do it over with what i learned it shouldnt be to hard to repeat and better all that said sorry about the slopy camera work and me talking to much 

"hawkeye"so this is my 150 yard golf ball shot things i would have changed 1 place target on dirt berm so i could see where my shots are in the dirt and got on target sooner with the no limit rings 2 after reading here that shooter has to be on camera i would have my buddy do that but i was right by him in the pasanger seat shooting out the back door you can hear me talking and takeing the shots 3 practise holding range finder to phone as to not wast camera time also maby investing in scope cam. all in all im very hapy with the chalange i was exited about it and had a great time doing it and if for some reason i have to do it over with what i learned it shouldnt be to hard to repeat and better all that said sorry about the slopy camera work and me talking to much 
That's some serious nice shooting hawkeye. If you are in need of some answers as it relates to scope cams, be sure to watch my education adventure on the subject:
If you watch my buddy Jay and my 150, 175 and 200 yard submissions you will see we are both rocking the custom built Hajimoto Scope Cam Assembly. 
Good luck!