• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Airgun Depot -- Update in OP

I tried the search and found some older reviews, that seem to have mixed love.

Do they not communicate and bump orders? I placed an order that was supposed to be in stock on Friday, and now the "In Stock" date is May 25 or the like. Seems a bit illegitimate, but I could well have been on the tail end of the list for the supply and got bumped. OK, but a note would have been nice. At least they updated my order on the site.

Odd times or shady site? I guess I can't complain too much, they haven't hit the CC yet, so it could just be the fun times we are living through.

Any input?

Thanks

Update: Since we last corresponded, things happened. Tuesday I got an alert my CC was charged, and today I got the alert the order was shipped. I guess I was on the bottom of the first list and after stock had filled orders, or cancelled, or what ever, I got bumped to the top of the "B" list. No problem. 

I guess we will chalk it all up to the odd times we live in today.

Cheers

i just ordered a gun from them, no issues ..came yesterday, i call it the 'chiefy weify' lol, we're exploring scope options atm ...

CIMG1876.1619464296.JPG

I'm assuming when they place an order, say for 100 air venturi avengers, they get an estimated arrival date from the mfg. That date would go on the website as "estimated" and then would stay until the date they are supposed to be in, as then they would receive a late shipment notice and another estimated arrival date.. Probably an automated system that then changes the date on the inventory list which automatically changes the website. There is usually a week built in from when the items are supposed to arrive in the warehouses to when the estimated shipment date is.. so I'm guessing what you ordered was supposed to be in last friday, so the system says this coming friday to give that buffer time... but since it was late and never came in on friday, the system was updated to the next estimated arrival date (30 days future). 

Just a guess, but that's typically how things are done. Definitely could have just gotten a handful of the item in and you were lower on the list also so you are on the next shipment. With how backed up the international shipping is with covid and travel issues, I would bet on my first one. 

What did you order? 

I'm assuming when they place an order, say for 100 air venturi avengers, they get an estimated arrival date from the mfg. That date would go on the website as "estimated" and then would stay until the date they are supposed to be in, as then they would receive a late shipment notice and another estimated arrival date.. Probably an automated system that then changes the date on the inventory list which automatically changes the website. There is usually a week built in from when the items are supposed to arrive in the warehouses to when the estimated shipment date is.. so I'm guessing what you ordered was supposed to be in last friday, so the system says this coming friday to give that buffer time... but since it was late and never came in on friday, the system was updated to the next estimated arrival date (30 days future). 

Just a guess, but that's typically how things are done. Definitely could have just gotten a handful of the item in and you were lower on the list also so you are on the next shipment. With how backed up the international shipping is with covid and travel issues, I would bet on my first one. 

What did you order?

I ordered an Air Venturi .25 Avenger - to go with my .177 Avenger. It isn't an FX or a Daystate, but it shoots with pretty good accuracy. And it also doesn't cost near as much as my FX Royale or Daystate Wolverine.

I ordered an Airforce Texan from them, they moved the in-stock date out three times, then shipped it a week before they said they would (and wouldn’t you know I was out of town). It was also missing the scope rings in the package. So far I have gotten everything I’ve ordered, but very spotty on the delivery knowledge (like they said the rings would be here last Thursday, now saying tomorrow). Their customer service is extremely slow (probably because of order and information errors like mine). It has usually taken 4-7 days to get an email reply. When you call it will be on hold for 20 minutes then automatically hangs up on you.

What did you order?

I ordered an Air Venturi .25 Avenger - to go with my .177 Avenger. It isn't an FX or a Daystate, but it shoots with pretty good accuracy. And it also doesn't cost near as much as my FX Royale or Daystate Wolverine.

I have enjoyed my .25 Avenger. It shoots well, but needed some shoot in, Not too much. Search the site and tune it how many recommend, if you have a chono it helps, but I was amazingly close to the velocities at the advertised settings. Shooting 880 instead of 850 IIRC. Accurate with H&N hunters. Pretty good with the NSA 33.5 slugs. Just under an inch at 50 yards, but tends to have random keyholing. I may try the single load block to see it it makes a difference. I don't know how many shots I get, but after 16, I go from 3600 to around 2800-300PSI in the reservoir. Nothing to gripe over.

I ordered an Airforce Texan from them, they moved the in-stock date out three times, then shipped it a week before they said they would (and wouldn’t you know I was out of town). It was also missing the scope rings in the package. So far I have gotten everything I’ve ordered, but very spotty on the delivery knowledge (like they said the rings would be here last Thursday, now saying tomorrow). Their customer service is extremely slow (probably because of order and information errors like mine). It has usually taken 4-7 days to get an email reply. When you call it will be on hold for 20 minutes then automatically hangs up on you.

Good to know, and sorry you are having issues. I love my Texan. Ordered it Dec 21 or 22, can't exactly remember. It was on the door step the day after Christmas. Very happy with the vendor I tripped in to.

Good to know I'm in good company, I guess. LOL

I see the reviews are still a bit mixed, but have to give a small benefit of doubt for the strange times. They may prove to be a great vendor, but crappy CS, if only to answer a phone or email, tends to leave me short.