• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun Depot Mystery Box Opinions

My mystery box contained a HM 1000 X. Air rifle
Along with 4 tins of pellets, John Wayne BB gun co 2 pistol and targets.BBs, CO2s Air venturi boda bang target. The rifle alone brand new, which it is, is worth 2K.

View attachment 463234
Great for you! So cool. I can hardly wait until Monday! So far you win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Not trying to say anything specific, but notice all the big "winners" have just joined, some like this week. How do you give $2000 rifles for $200?
I found this thread from a google search and joined because I wanted to see what other people got and share what I get. I haven’t gotten my box yet so idk if I got anything good or not though.

I found this thread from a google search and joined because I wanted to see what other people got and share what I get. I haven’t gotten my box yet so idk if I got anything good or not though.
Don’t pay attention to them. You had to know the conspiracy people would surface.

Not trying to say anything specific, but notice all the big "winners" have just joined, some like this week. How do you give $2000 rifles for $200?

200 orders at $200 each is $40,000 of instant revenue.

That's how they're able to pepper in some very high value items. They are no doubt making a little money while also managing to clear out a bunch of junk. Brilliant move.

Thats kinda what I was thinking, but thats ok, as it still seems like even the low end boxes are worth while this time, and not just a bunch of bb guns. Not sure how much of it is my gut telling me coincidences this large just dont happen, or a bit of jealousy of the items every new member received though. Maybe some of each.

As far as doing this next time, I think I had my fun this time. We'll see how I feel next time though.

There us a very good chance that the junk they loaded boxes with last year hurt them. It looks as if they are turning over inventory and the items that have not moved since last year are getting moved out.

Even the high priced items can make the P&L sheet as sold at a loss. While not sustainable over time, it's a good way to refresh inventory.

I'm still waiting for the goats though. Not everybody is getting a new car....

Did you ever think this may be among the best airgun supplier promotions of the year? A good guess is its coming out of the marketing budget, ya think? Do you think AGD asked their suppliers to participate with free or significantly discounted merchandise? Did you ever think for everyone registered on this site their is an equal number of people who lurk and use it just as an info source but don't register? Did you ever think that trolling the newbies is keeping people from joining by intimidating them from joining or posting? I want this site to grow, I want the industry to grow and thrive. I've researched several of these products of which I was unfamiliar and I would consider buying now. AGD knocked it out of the park. I chose to be positive regardless if I get the goat, the grand prize or anything in between. it's been a heck of a lot of fun and Monday can't come fast enough! That baby goat in the box is pretty cool

Maybe because RAW's landed cost is $600, RAW posts it in the expense budget, and then gives it to AGN as one of the epic prizes and pick up all sorts marketing value for say $300. Just guessing, it's turned into a cheap promo for them.

Last edited:
Here is what my mystery box contained.
I think I did pretty good.

IMG_1352.jpeg

This has been on my mind as well, although I’ve only seen one “big” winner. The basic box values look better than the last promo. This looks suspicious. Still good to see someone win items worth a lot more than the cost of the box. That RAW is about the only thing I’ve seen come out of these mystery boxes that I’ve ever considered buying aside from AA pellets.

Last edited: