Airgun Challenge “5 after 5”

I have been trying to shoot more groups in the evening work and life permitting. I thought it might be fun to post a challenge to get more people shooting regularly. This challenge has some rules but also a lot of latitude for the shooter.

RULES

#1 - 5 consecutive groups of 5 shots after work in the evening, one initial sighter shot allowed.

#2 - Picture of the cardboard containing the group, dime next to smallest group. Write airgun, date, yardage, AGN username, and wind.

#3 - Have fun!

#4 - If you want, post what you learned, a debriefing of sorts.

Distance, airgun, shooting position all up to the shooter and what they are wanting to work on that evening. Only stipulation on position/support is no shooting sleds! If you want to weigh pellets and size slugs go for it. I just grab the round ones myself.

I was pretty happy with the first three groups. I slacked on my rear bag foundation slightly and paid the price on my last two groups.

I used a piece of cardboard, Sharpie marker, and traced a dead CR2032 battery (nickel or quarter would work as well). Inexpensive and should be readily available. 
F239FA9F-7054-47CC-97A4-E750985FA0AB.1622595121.jpeg

TKAB

I'm retired, so the "after 5" thing is now foreign to me. I do shoot semi-regularly though, albeit early A.M. because that's when I have this building to myself. This was my first 3 cold shots recently @ 25 meters, bench rested; forearm on a bag, butt on my shoulder, LGV .177. I'll put together a target of 5 for 5, but it'll be around 0600-0700.

download.png
Sized.1622596964.jpg

download.png
101_0125.1622597000.JPG

I'm retired, so the "after 5" thing is now foreign to me. I do shoot semi-regularly though, albeit early A.M. because that's when I have this building to myself. This was my first 3 cold shots recently @ 25 meters, bench rested; forearm on a bag, butt on my shoulder, LGV .177. I'll put together a target of 5 for 5, but it'll be around 0600-0700.

download.png
Sized.1622596964.jpg

download.png
101_0125.1622597000.JPG

Uglymike,

I go to the trouble to come up with a catchy airgun challenge title and on the first post you tear it down!😁

Just kidding, if you are retired... it’s always after 5! It doesn’t matter the time of day for you my friend. I have to say, I am jealous of your shooting venue. Way cool!

Just kidding, if you are retired... it’s always after 5! It doesn’t matter the time of day for you my friend. I have to say, I am jealous of your shooting venue. Way cool!

Thank goodness! After 5 here the wind is ripping along at 10-35mph, and not at all steady. I do enjoy shooting in it, for the challenge, but the groups aren't anything to look at!

GsT