• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun Bowling - Shooting Challenge

Hello Airgun Nation,

I have what will (hopefully) be a fun shooting challenge, Airgun Bowling 🎳!!

Here is a link to a video that I created that shows the basic setup and I talk about how to score it (Which is a little more basic than how actual bowling is scored as you get no bonus points for a Strike or for picking up a Spare):

For this challenge, you are using marshmallows as bowling pins, but I am using Peeps since I have a bunch. You set the 10 marshmallows up in a triangle pattern.
Use a thin straight edge to mark a line just outside the line of the marshmallows.
Here is how it looks (with Peeps):
20230503_145247_Cropped.jpg

Place the "pins" as many yards away as your caliber of gun (0.177cal = 18 Yards, 0.22cal = 22 Yards, 0.30cal = 30 Yards, etc.)
Shoot the marshmallow out of the triangle, you get two points
Shoot it so that the marshmallow was touching the line, you get 1 point
I am assuming that in the rare event that you shoot a Strike in your first shot, you set them back up to take your spare. This gives you a potential score per frame of 40 points. The shooter that scores 200 is one bad mother 😲

I set up my "lane" so that it was on the same plane as my shot so that my pellet would likely go through all of them on the way through.

Here is my attempt at the challenge, and I post my scores as I earn the points so that you can see the scoring better.

So I am posting the first score to beat of 85 points!

Have fun!!

SkeeterHawk!!

Finally a use for peeps that doesn't involve a microwave or Pepto Bismol!
Absolutely! @beerthief pointed out in the April Shooting Challenge that they changed the formula for Peeps to make them more freaky. They don't go stale any more. @mb94952 is in your camp. These things are Funky! I think that SkeeterHawks are "natural predators" for Peeps ;)

Reactions: mb94952
Absolutely! @beerthief pointed out in the April Shooting Challenge that they changed the formula for Peeps to make them more freaky. They don't go stale any more. @mb94952 is in your camp. These things are Funky! I think that SkeeterHawks are "natural predators" for Peeps ;)
I now - I had to leave my bunnies opened in the cabinet for over a week and if they were covered in cellophane, they never went stale.

Try the big marshmallows (y) Not the super-size ones. I show them in the set-up video.

You wouldn't get as good of a score with cans. The pellet would pass through and there wouldn't be as much absorption of the pellet's energy into each "pin"...meaning that you wouldn't be "blowing them out" of the triangle.
ok thanks I’ll be using a crosman f4 with umarex pointed pellets and marshmallows (or shotgun shells as the other person suggested)