Tuning Airforce Texan Severe mounting problems dovetail to weaver pictany adapter s????

Here's just crazy me but:

What about drilling and tapping for at set screw from the rail into the Texan and then from one of your scope rings (from then inside) into the rail?

Does'nt need to be exact or straight it will still fit your setup from git go to the end of life!

Get a good shooting fixing and dismount scope for drill/tap work and be happy forever

That or goobs of green (270) Loctite, that s4!7 is like crazy glue for metal!

With those big slugs you have some serious recoil and those rails aren't very good for staying in place anyway. I used to shoot TC Contender wildcat calibers and I had to epoxy my scope bases. Kind of severe, but if all else fails, you might go that way.
You are correct in your experience my friend. For now the Airforce adapters are working great. They haven't budged. I mark the frame with a white out pen to keep a eye out for movement. The recoil is alot more than you would expect with 650 grains at 750 fps. I'd rather them be going faster lol always want more😀.

The best dovetail to Picatinny rail adapter that I've found for my Texans is the Kraford & Lypt Range Extender. Tolerances are perfect. Beat the hell out of mine on some other dovetail rifles, but it doesn't budge with the (4) heavy-duty M4 screws that clamp the base to the rail and the two M5's for the clamping the elevation adjustment. Made in USA from American metal on American machines. https://krafordandlypt.com/products/universal-range-extender?_pos=3&_psq=range+ext&_ss=e&_v=1.0

2C7D443D-170F-4E6A-9D10-A4D254A8A368.jpeg

BF9303FB-EDD2-43D6-8878-AC8F984751E3.jpeg

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Do you have a suppressor on this? If not what thread is on the end? I have a test muzzle brake that I carved out for a Hammer sitting here going to waste. Just wondering if that might help with some of the issue.

Also what is the maximum length of bullet? I'm guessing over an inch long because a 650 spire point is going to be fairly long.
Yes I have a Donny Emperor with 6in extension. The Airforce adapter bases are good. They haven't budged a bit. Tight as can be. I have to tighten the emperor up real tight with a oil filter wrench and not remove. It will loosen and affect accuracy from vibrations if not. Its threaded 5/8 -24 . I hand lapped my barrel with at least 8 different lead laps. Starting at 120 grit and worked up to 420 grit. My barrel was horrible. It is so much better now.. Zero leading with powder coat slugs and silicon lube. Thanks for your input