Airforce texan lss cf wont fire

I have a airforce texan lss cf 457 that wont release a shot until the gun gets to 1500 psi when its filled to 3600 it only releases a small puff of air each time i cock and shoot until the pressure drops below 2000psi i cant get any answers from or responces from airforce any help would be appreciated

It does have the auto safty
Have you moved the power wheel? If so where is it set at? Not had the issue myself but have seen where too high or too low of a setting can cause the issue you're having.
It was on the factory setting but i did try too adjust it in both directions with no change i was wondering if the spring had weakened

It does have the auto safty

It was on the factory setting but i did try too adjust it in both directions with no change i was wondering if the spring had weakened
I don't think the spring would weaken that much it may a tad bit of you added tension to it it with the power wheel and didn't change I doubt it's the spring wish I could remember how to remove the auto safety but I don't recall how I did it

I don't think the spring would weaken that much it may a tad bit of you added tension to it it with the power wheel and didn't change I doubt it's the spring wish I could remember how to remove the auto safety but I don't recall how I did it
I will try the safty when i get back hopefully i can get it fixed thanks for the advice

Reactions: Airgunmann
I did a short on Texan auto saferty delete.
My CRS (cant remember s4!7) brain cant find it right now but holler and i'll tear it down and do pics.

Reedmosser and i both had a severe rubbing on the aluminium "shroud" that goes from the hammer to the tophat.
That crap can i say crap? will make a fine gun act like a sack full of ferrets that each had a double espresso.

The thing is that most of the innards in the trigger mechanism is thin stamped sheet metal parts and they are placed on rolled pins without spacers and as they vear in the holes they "flex" and the safety reset will bend out of shape. Then it will start to drag as you reload and that will wear the "shroud" and severely retard it's motion. Thus low E0 on higher fill levels.

My scatterbrain found it: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/texan-50-issues-again-problem-found.1273618/

Holler if you need pics!

Last edited:
Reactions: IndyDurtdigger
One thing that has caused me some problems is the internal O-Ring that seals the barrel & rides in the front part of the hammer. I found the O-Ring had broken & a bit of it had lodged between the barrel & hammer. After replacing the O-Ring all went back to normal but make sure it is not too tight a fit as it and the top hat one can slow the hammer. The good thing about the Texan is it only has 4 O-rings & only 3 can be a problem This one plus the one on the top hat & the "shock absorbing" one for the top hat that can be used to limit the valve opening dwell with a thicker O-ring.

I have a relatively new texan carbine with the carbon fiber tank. Make sure your gauge is working correctly. Mine was stuck at about 3200 psi. Good thing i was paying attention while filling my gun. You may have over filled and have valve lock. I emailed Airforce and they were extremely helpful and mailed me a new gauge right away.

I have a relatively new texan carbine with the carbon fiber tank. Make sure your gauge is working correctly. Mine was stuck at about 3200 psi. Good thing i was paying attention while filling my gun. You may have over filled and have valve lock. I emailed Airforce and they were extremely helpful and mailed me a new gauge right away.
My guage was leaking and i replaced it but i watch my hp3 large guage on my fill tank while filling up