• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airforce Airforce TalonP barrel swap

hello everyone! haven't posted in a few days so I figured why not share some data I gathered today. I just swapped out the barrel in my TalonP for an 18 inch 22 caliber barrel and the results are impressive to say the least. the gun shows promise with all the 22 pellets and slugs I tested today, I didn't test many but they were all looking good. I ran the gun over the chronograph, in 22 caliber, with the 25.4 grain JSB pellets at power wheel setting 4, we hit a whopping 1170 FPS, and keep in mind it is below freezing at the time of collecting data. so that means to me, I have plenty of headroom for whatever slug I would ever want to shoot (not super interested in the 30+ grain slugs right now) the 25.4 JSBs grouped very well at 25 yards (all testing was at 25 today due to wind being wicked) 4 shots in one hole with the first shot being a little high and left. FX Hybrid slugs at first grouped pretty poorly, so I lowered the speed and they grouped much much better so definitely will need some more time on tuning for those. JSB knockouts MK1 in .217 grouped very very well, better than the Hybrids and just worse than the 25.4 pellets. surprisingly the JSB 18.1s did very VERY well at 25, these little guys are screaming, if I had to guess probably in the high 900s, but at 25 yards they all went into a nice sub half inch group, I would suspect the group will open at 50 yards but that's testing for another day. the gun also shows promise for the new Hades Monster pellets, putting all 5 into about a half inch, I suspect with tuning that group can shrink down even more. adding the longer barrel does make the gun a tad bit heavier, but I like it a lot. I also added the factory shoulder stock and that thing makes a huge difference in the shooting experience. halfway thru the day I found the woodchuck that had been destroying my fence...problem solved with authority using the Hybrids, about a 25 yard shot, could not have been more perfect. I would share pictures of that but I am unaware of the rules regarding such pictures so until then I won't be posting anything like that. the only downside so far to doing the barrel swap, I had to ditch the moderator I had on the gun, so she barks...loudly... sounds about the same as a 22lr CCI standard. but out here where I shoot its not really a problem. I will be posting some of this on my YouTube channel when I decide to stop being lazy and actually pick up the camera and film some stuff.