AirForce Talon vs. Condor?

Most of the AirForce platform is kind of like Legos, snap them together how you like, with the Texan being "one size bigger." There are enough options I don't remember them all, so please pardon me if I'm incorrect in a few spots.

If I remember, the Talon has a smaller barrel, bottle, smaller valve, shorter receiver, is lighter and has less power. The Talon should have enough power when shooting paper or most any small game. If it's really windy you might want a longer barrel or the larger valve of the Condor. Hand pump folks might want to use less air (Talon). AirForce does update the designs so I may be off some, but it should give you ideas of what to look for.

Power-wise I *think* Condor can be stepped down to be like a Talon, but the reverse is not true. Weight wise I *think* a Talon will always have a lighter receiver, but that might be the Talon-P (pistol).

The suppressed barrels are shorter than the non-suppressed. All AirForce airguns are single-shot-only, no magazine, except for their R.A.W. line.

Hopefully most of that is accurate--if not douse me in whiskey and have a redhead feed me hotdogs.

--=Hedge

The Talon p is the short barreled one with the smaller bottle. A talon is a condor with a weaker spring and a lighter hammer and a more restricted valve. It gets from 400fps to 800 fps or something like that with a ton of shots. My condor stock from the factory using the biggest ring lok system too hat can push a 30g pellet like 1200 fps or something like that. Condor is huge power and talon is huge shot count. You can convert a talon to have high power by swapping out parts from the condor but I question why people do that. Why not just buy the condor? Anyway they are accurate airguns. I use mine for hunting. I suggest if you just plink in the yard and kill squirrels that you get a talon. If you want to kill raccoons get the condor.

I have had mixed results with Talon Tunes. You might want to try used first to see if you like it. That is what I do, then you don’t lose as much if you decide it is not for you. I actually have a talon ss in .177 right now that I am on the fence about keeping. Turns out it had condor valve that was causing issues because it is a .177. I have ordered parts to make it work as a talon .177 and will make the final decision once I put the new parts in.

There is a Condor .22 cal BLEM on AF's Outlet. I got my TalonP at much reduced price as BLEM off the AF Outlet. I could not find a blemish on mine and BLEMs carry standard warranty with AF. Worth a look. Better yet is talk to Rachel or Leah at AF and see if any BLEMs you are interested in are available. Sometimes AF is slow on updating their Outlet page.

Yeah buying from Rachel or Leah directly from AF is the only way to go. My guage went out in my talon that I recently built for my daughter in 20 cal. They just take your word that it's broken and send you a new part. If you can't fix it yourself you just send your gun to them and they fix it up for you. Nobody has a better customer service in the industry IMO. Some may have customer service as good but not better. I recommend the condor or talonp for any real work but the condor has a longer barrel and therefore more powerful. 

Look into the AF Escape UL also, talon weight condor power. Have a .25 w/18" 12mm barrel purchased only for 7 yellow bellied marmots but realized I could hit a 2" spinner at 100 yards 99% of the time so took a bit more interest in it.

Super light. likes heavy ammo and a 2,700psi fill power wheel at 6 for 10 good shots at distance, more in the garden. I like a nice 3-6oz 2 stage trigger and feared the AF rigs but nope 100% fine out of the box for it's purpose. With the most popular name brand (used good price or I would have gone a different route) can you only hear the hammer.

John

af escape ul.1637454760.JPG

...I have some cool guns but if I could only keep one I would keep my 24" .25 Escape...

...I made it out of a Talon P...it was a simple matter of changing the barrel and adding the "stock"...

...I don't actually shoot it much but I would if it were my only gun...LoL...

...I don't know if the longer shroud on the Condor rifle is of any value as I get no POI changes from mounting a big ass Donny FL Emperor on the long 24" tube...

...the only thing I see the longer shroud of the Condor contributing is mass...

....I will probably buy a 18 " barrel for my Talon P / Escape at some point...the OAL of my set up is a bit much...

...one thing I like aboot the smaller tank is that it causes less parallax...another is that it is easy to pump up to full pressure by hand... 

Reactions: Jesse1972
As others noted, these are lego guns. Throw a high flow valve, hammer weight and long barrel on a Talon and you're at Condor levels. 

May want to keep an eye out on the classifieds. Can find AF guns quite often for inexpensive. I sold one cheap last week and got another cheapie I've not listed yet. They come up fairly frequently. Often with accessories.

I was debating the same question and decided on the Condor. You can always tune the Condor down to the same energy level of the Talon but not the other way around. If you get the Condor, make sure to get the Ring-loc valve kit. The non-SS airguns are not quiet, I was surprised when I took it to the range the first time. I picked up a moderator from Talon Tunes and now it's backyard friendly.