Airforce talon SS accuracy

"spysir"Billy, does that stock stiffen things up, as in helping eliminate any flex one might encounter? Personally I think they look better with the added stock but wondered if it also had positive grouping effect.

TIA

John
I have never experienced any flex in my Talon SS ... Not sure what the fuss is about in that subject... my gun has shot perfect from day one... it is more accurate than I am ...
I was getting the same shooting accuracy without the stock as with the mad dog stock.... I noticed no difference other than the feel of the gun while shouldered.
It is a very good investment in my opinion. The stock is super light and almost unbelievable light.... You won't be disappointed with the stock ... but also I was happy with the gun before the stock.... Sure there is much you can do to improve it....(maybe) ... but I am not going to. I like it just the way it is.... Brings home many squirrel and that is what counts for me.... I need nothing fancy to do that in the woods... 

But I must say this delivers on target very very well for me.......
Also I have to admit I am not brand loyal to any type gun...... I almost did not get the Talon ss when I saw it on sale, believing all the bad people say...

.... but a member on here told me how good it was, so I got it... I have never regretted it and it is now my go to rifle for squirrel..... big deal it does not have a clip for a fast second shot..... I say........... what good hunter really needs a fast second shot.... I don't

The Mad Dog Stock did improve the accuracy of my SS, but only slightly. I really only could tell the difference beyond 40 yards at higher velocities. It's been several years since I owned one, and I don't spend much time TAG anymore, so its possible AF addressed the flex issue on more recent models. If you are serious about the AF platform, you should spend some time on the TAG. There is a whole little cottage industry that has evolved making upgrades for the AF platforms. All in all, I thought it was a great gun for the money out of the box, but I ended up with well north of a grand in mine by the time it was all said and done. I prefer a more traditional rifle which is just a matter of personal taste/preference, so I would have been better off spending the money up front and picking up something like an R10 or a used FX400 (which is what I ended up buying when I sold the SS). This is just my personal opinion, but unless you are planning to hunt fairly large critters at longer ranges I think the Condor is overkill. It is definitely not a backyard gun. You need wide open spaces for the Condor. It's a beast. 

I used to own the first generation Condor, and although it did exhibit some flexing (confirmed by using a laser mounted on the frame and used the scope to see the dot move), it is not an issue unless you intentionally twist the frame, apply a death grip on it, or apply lateral pressure on the pistol grip and forestock, which is detrimental to shooting accurately. Even with a fairly firm hold the frame doesn't bend (again, confirmed with a laser). 

I just sold my .22 condor 24". I really like it but it was a little too long for my preference. I would highly the following modifications:

1) Talon Tunes shroud took the bark from a .22LR down to something I could shoot in the back yard and my wife would not know what i was up to when she was in the front yard. (we also live in a residential area- 1/4 acre lots.)

2) Talon tunes Quich change top hat -pretty much the easiest mod for these rifles and will essentially save you sanity from creeping velocities due to the factory top hat self adjusting from hammer impact.

3) Super Sear- takes an OK trigger and makes it MUCH better

I also had a mad dog stock but didn't fully appreciate it. Don't get me wrong it was made very well and the grip was much better, but i didn't feel like the weight was worth the benefits. I also felt like the anti-slap hammer was not much benefit for sound reduction.

forgot to mention, my experience with condor and talonP was that they like to have power from the 3-7 range. There were many incosistancies at the high and low extremes.

Reactions: Animalcub7907
I really do not understand this quest for more power out of a Talon ss 12 inch barrel ...
As mention before , my stock .25 will go through a squirrel at 35 and 40 yards.... and I am running it on power setting 6...
I often considered an 18 inch barrel (But why).. This is not why I purchased the 12 inch barrel gun.

With a 12 inch barrel, I can't believe the manufacturer really expected it to go past 40 yards....
As a reasonable hunter and not wanting to wound animals I feel 40 yards is a stretch for any 12 inch barrel... especially in the woods..
At 35 yards with my Talon I can do half inch groups all day long on a bench.... but I got the gun to hunt with... Nice and light and comes to shoulder real fast... Actually a real joy to hunt with. I actually got a squirrel Saturday at 25 yards in the front chest and could hear the pellet in the woods behind it after going though the squirrel... I need no more power than that... It does not matter if the pellet is traveling another 200 feet per second..... The squirrel dropped dead right then and there... so why more power...

If I want to do 50 yards and practice , I use my Marauder .25 or my BSA R10 (.22) .. those guns can do 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards all day long.... But again, I like using my Talon as a hunting gun, real light , very accurate and powerful enough for any squirrel at 40 yards...

Oh by the way..... My Talon will keep up with the R10 and my Marauder at 35 yards with no problem at all.... and the Talon was half the cost of my R10...