• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airforce talon p regulator. Does the valve matter?

This may sound like a dumb question to some but I just ordered an altrosa regulator from talon tunes for my Airforce talon p and I was wondering if the valve port size is still relevant since the amount of air in the regulator is metered per shot. I can’t see why the size of the hole in the valve matters once the hammer spring is hitting the valve hard enough to dump all the measured air in the regulator unless it effects the dwell time while the pellet is still in the barrel. If that is the case; I have the largest size valve installed right now which is what came with the gun when I bought it from another member in the classifieds forum. I would think that would be the best choice with the factorys short barrel installed. I am only getting about 4 usable shots with the small factory tank. Right now and am hoping I can slow the velocity down a little and get at least 10 shots per fill. Thanks for the read.