• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AirForce Talon P .177 slugs.

I already have several .177, a taipan veteran that shoot the heck out of pellets and an at44 177 long that loves the 16gr and 20gr slugs so my expectations are a bit high haha
I gave up on it a while ago. I never got close to what pellets would do on a consistent basis. May sound weird but I'm having great results with CPHP at 1015.
Let me know how it goes for you. I may revisit the slug fest.
Mike

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Knockout aren’t really much better, if you shoot them fast they will expand a little but awesome penetration power. they can take down much bigger pests with good shot placement, it will punch through far more than people realize.

If you want expansion then shoot hybrids.
I dont know which batch of knock out slugs you've shot, but anytime I shot them above 900fps they would turn into a literal donut. It would just look like an o ring

I dont know which batch of knock out slugs you've shot, but anytime I shot them above 900fps they would turn into a literal donut. It would just look like an o ring
The Knockout donut you speak of. 🍩

IMG_20230122_192138476_HDR-01~2.jpeg

Nicee! How do you like your bullshark? And how many shot are you getting out of it? Clearly you're able to push them plenty hard enough to expand that good.
I overlooked where you asked about shots per fill. I'm really not positive. The information I've found said 50 shots per fill in .177, but I have 2 turns on my hammer spring so I'm not sure. I use a hand pump exclusively, so I usually shoot 3 mags and refill. I'll try to check it soon and report back.

I've owned pcps for over 20 years, and it's one of my favorites. Having a .177 slug shooter has taken this hobby to another level for me.

I'm waiting for a plenum to arrive from Lane to see if I can get the speeds up a little on the 13.43s. The 10.03s are pushing 1000 now and they are awesome on pests.
Good poop! I've wnated to get a p35 or the bullshsrk but with barrel lottery being part of the equation I've stayed away. I ended up getting another at44 in 177 but to replace my at44 177 PA. Intend to just swap barrels, I got the short version and I have a long barrel on my oumo version that's currently making 28.8fpe with the 15gr nsa.

Good poop! I've wnated to get a p35 or the bullshsrk but with barrel lottery being part of the equation I've stayed away. I ended up getting another at44 in 177 but to replace my at44 177 PA. Intend to just swap barrels, I got the short version and I have a long barrel on my oumo version that's currently making 28.8fpe with the 15gr nsa.
I own 7 SPA pcp and hpa converted guns and all of them have excellent barrels. I have heard others complain, but I guess I've been lucky.