• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AirForce Talon P .177 slugs.

IIRC, the 12.5 did not work in the Flash last time I tried. Though I didn't work the gun enough to get them to 950+ fps. From what I've read, people have had better luck with Zan at lower speeds, even down to 12 fpe. If the 10's work out, I'll be super happy. Getting those to 950+ doesn't require me to do any more work on the gun than I already have.

Made up a little tool to seat the slugs
20230226_172137.jpg
into the breach unti I could feel some resistance. First up were the Zan 13 grainers. They shot a whole lot better when seated 1/8" deep. Still not as good as pellets. Thats 5 shots 18 yards and my seating tool. I was real low on air so only 800 fps.

Reactions: UCChris
I used Wolverine R, at 745 fps / 15.3 ft lbs. I am very particular about shot placement, which I know helped. I normally would shoot a .22 or .25 with a higher grain pellet/slug at a pest that large, but I didn't have the time to prepare that well.. These slugs decimate starlings at 50 yards.
Alright, I've got a talon ss 177 coming in, have you gotten any progress with you results?