Airforce Slug Press

It will be cheaper in the long run. It is fun to make your own slugs. And you can't beat the accuracy from custom made slugs for your gun. What I do is make several different weight slugs and try them out. Kinda like you do when you are reloading for a rifle. See what your gun likes the best and just make a bunch of them.

It will be cheaper in the long run. It is fun to make your own slugs. And you can't beat the accuracy from custom made slugs for your gun. What I do is make several different weight slugs and try them out. Kinda like you do when you are reloading for a rifle. See what your gun likes the best and just make a bunch of them.
Agreed. not just a cost savings...

Reactions: mercado
I'm seeing this system for the first time now, very interesting. After having tried a dozen or so slugs with no better than mediocre results, I struggle to imagine investing in my own slug making kit just to see if my gun likes it.

Now if it could press pellets, I'm really interested. In my experience pellets have the QC problem, slugs have great QC but most barrels don't like to shoot most slugs.

I'm seeing this system for the first time now, very interesting. After having tried a dozen or so slugs with no better than mediocre results, I struggle to imagine investing in my own slug making kit just to see if my gun likes it.

Now if it could press pellets, I'm really interested. In my experience pellets have the QC problem, slugs have great QC but most barrels don't like to shoot most slugs.
You can get pellet
Press from here.

Reactions: dgeesaman
One other point that hasn't been mentioned is what happens when there are supply line disruptions again and so called shortages of pellets or slugs because of shipping restrictions? If you have your own press and a supply of lead you get to keep shooting otherwise we are at the mercy of when the all clear is given. This concept used to seem far fetched to me but Covid showed us otherwise. If it happened once you can bet it will happen again.
Exactly and those shortages and supply issues aren't over yet. Work at a John Deere dealership. Went up front yesterday to grab a couple cans of green paint for touch up on new equipment PDI's. Our store is out, whole dealership it out, on back order from JD. You just read that right, John Deere is out of green spray paint at their warehouse and has it on back order.

Let's ballpark $1800 after tax & shipping

I'm going to factor this in .30cal 61.5gr NSA Slugs

For that price you can get
12,343 slugs or 108 Boxes of ammo.

Break even for the machine (factoring the current spooled lead cost @Corbin) is:

$2692 or
18,459 Slugs

So once you shoot 19,000 rounds, you just saved money.
And you work for free!!

Once you know what size you want and have it set up it goes pretty fast. I don't know exactly how long it takes. What takes time is when ever I make slugs for a gun I make up a bunch of different sizes to see what groups the best. But once you know know what size you need you can set up the die and keep it set up. You can make a bunch at a time or you can do a little when you have time. What ever works for you.