Airforce Slug Press

lotta money to make your own slugs, plus the lead wow

Let's ballpark $1800 after tax & shipping

I'm going to factor this in .30cal 61.5gr NSA Slugs

For that price you can get
12,343 slugs or 108 Boxes of ammo.

Break even for the machine (factoring the current spooled lead cost @Corbin) is:

$2692 or
18,459 Slugs

So once you shoot 19,000 rounds, you just saved money.

Break even for the machine (factoring the current spooled lead cost @Corbin) is:

$2692 or
18,459 Slugs

You should also add the value of your labor. I think it wouldn't make much sense unless your labor cost is a large negative value, e.i. you have a lot of fun doing it.

Reactions: Bernie7 and qball
You should also add the value of your labor. I think it wouldn't make much sense unless your labor cost is a large negative value, e.i. you have a lot of fun doing it.

Lol yeah that's the reason I left that part out. You'd have to be full on retard not to factor that in on your own. And everyone knows, you never go full retard.

Never used a swager, but I was rolling and going through around 3-5k rounds every week when I used to shoot 3 gun. I never did mind because it was relaxing. Bottle of Glenfiddich and the Dillon practically ran itself! hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: JaceSpace1369

$2692 or
18,459 Slugs

You need to check NSA price on wire comes out a little better.

Problem is 18k of same exact ammo. Then the new and better design comes out it’s back to square one again. Think I’ll just order from Nick at nsa.

Lol yep. Rough math in Pounds of Lead for break even was 162lb's
So break even for another sized Die @ $400 is 36lb's of lead for every die you would like to buy.

36lb's of lead makes something like 4500 of the 61.5grainers mentioned above.

Reactions: qball
"You should also add the value of your labor."
So, you factor in your labor when watching TV, eating or taking a shower? Wow!
I am not picking on you in particular, just have heard this same line many times.
I have never understood this line of thinking when reloading, or making bullets. It's part of the hobby.

mike

Last edited: