• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AirForce Condor

I just like goofing off with this gun. It is light, very accurate and durable. It is totally tunable for backyard plinking to larger game and varmints such as raccoons and opossums. I even took a large groundhog at 35 yards. Mine has an RL shroud,Texas Air adjustable top hat and at the moment, an 8 to 32x Bushnell scope on it. Just a fun gun all around. 

"jamieinmd"I just like goofing off with this gun. It is light, very accurate and durable. It is totally tunable for backyard plinking to larger game and varmints such as raccoons and opossums. I even took a large groundhog at 35 yards. Mine has an RL shroud,Texas Air adjustable top hat and at the moment, an 8 to 32x Bushnell scope on it. Just a fun gun all around.
They really are a nice rifle for general shooting and hunting. Plenty of power and as accurate as I need a rifle to be.

I like mine and will be keeping it. It is an old one I bought used. I've done a lot of tuning and fiddling with it trying to get it into something that again resembles stock. The guy that had it before me was shooting .257 bullets I guess at like 90 fpe. I've regulated it and tuned it to shoot between 30 and 36 fpe with pellets in the 20 to 30 gr range. That's not bad for a 12 inch .25 cal. I get about 40 shots with a standard deviation around 5 fps or so. I managed to nail the balance between hammer weight and hammer spring tension on my last disassembly. It will stay on a dime at 50 yards with JSB 25.4 gr **IF** I do my part and read the wind really well.

I bought a .20 Lothar/Walther barrel for it but have not shot it with the current setup. I think it would probably shoot in around 22 to 28 fpe with the current setup if I just swapped out the barrels.

"tsakula"they are very expensive for theit quality and options. singleshot, non regulated, poor bushings, for 700$ is too much

I just visited Pyramid Air and looked at the ratings on every Air Force rifle that came up when I searched on the name "Air Force". Eighteen Air Force guns came up, one has no ratings as it is too new. Of those which remain, except for one with two ratings (rated 4 stars) every single one has five stars. There are over 400 ratings there. So there is that I guess.

@tsakula...Actually the quality of these things is more than you're paying for. Solid as hell and well machined. Accurate for the power output. And the most modified gun on the market IMO.

No frills, wild West get the job done American engineering.

I'm slinging these through mine (39 grain slug in the middle)...never needed a follow up shot that's why I don't mind single loading.
"Non-regulated" is easily remedied with an o-ring behind the top hat (50+ shots for a .25 cent mod).
I kept my Condor over the Marauder.
Guess you gotta be a fan-boy of the brand.

We had a Talon SS and I cant fault it for what it is. It was built like a tank.....and very user friendly/serviceable. I never modded it and ended up selling it as I aquired more guns. My only complaint with it, being unmodded of course, was the consistency. I could get 100 shots off a fill.....with about maybe 15 to 20 shots within a 20fps spread. There was just a steady decline in velocity as I shot it. This didnt matter up close for hunting.....but out at 50 yards it made a difference. Theyre good guns and durability is very very high on airforce guns.

"Marksman3006"We had a Talon SS and I cant fault it for what it is. It was built like a tank.....and very user friendly/serviceable. I never modded it and ended up selling it as I aquired more guns. My only complaint with it, being unmodded of course, was the consistency. I could get 100 shots off a fill.....with about maybe 15 to 20 shots within a 20fps spread. There was just a steady decline in velocity as I shot it. This didnt matter up close for hunting.....but out at 50 yards it made a difference. Theyre good guns and durability is very very high on airforce guns.
Mine was doing something like that when I got it but it was used. I put a stock hammer back in it and then I was piddling with the valve... :) lost one of those tiny little set screws and ordered the valve with inserts... still couldn't get it to give me a decent power curve. Finally I took it out to the wood shed and whacked off a turn on the spring. That is how I got the above graph.

"oldspook"
"Marksman3006"We had a Talon SS and I cant fault it for what it is. It was built like a tank.....and very user friendly/serviceable. I never modded it and ended up selling it as I aquired more guns. My only complaint with it, being unmodded of course, was the consistency. I could get 100 shots off a fill.....with about maybe 15 to 20 shots within a 20fps spread. There was just a steady decline in velocity as I shot it. This didnt matter up close for hunting.....but out at 50 yards it made a difference. Theyre good guns and durability is very very high on airforce guns.
Mine was doing something like that when I got it but it was used. I put a stock hammer back in it and then I was piddling with the valve... :) lost one of those tiny little set screws and ordered the valve with inserts... still couldn't get it to give me a decent power curve. Finally I took it out to the wood shed and whacked off a turn on the spring. That is how I got the above graph.
Adjusting the top hat with a flat neoprene washer or o-ring behind it works really well once you get it dialed in. Pretty much a 10¢ regulator..

"balllistic"
"oldspook"
Adjusting the top hat with a flat neoprene washer or o-ring behind it works really well once you get it dialed in. Pretty much a 10¢ regulator..
Yes they have teflon washers over at TAG and you can use sandpaper to work them down to just about any thickness you want. They cut down on valve bounce and can save a LOT of air and it is literally a one minute install. They probably would have worked better for me but I think the original owner put in a heavy spring to go with his 90 something gram hammer... Trimming the spring was exactly what I needed after I put in the custom valve, regulated it to 150 bar and went back to the stock hammer with the stock weight. Forty shots at 30+ FPE between ~200 BAR and ~150 BAR isn't bad from a 12" barreled SS. I am getting about all I can out of that Altaros plenum.