AirForce Condor SS - Talon Tunes Top Hat Install Help

Pretty easy install. You can do it with 2 flat blade screwdrivers. One on each side and gently pry it towards the breech until it comes out. Put the new one in and holding the breech knob towards the tank, dry fire, recock and dry fire again. It may take 3 or 4 times to get it properly seated. That's it.

I tried a TT TH on my .25 Talondor and had erratic velocity swings, so did another guy on GTA (Olly). Ended up putting the AF TH back on after red loctite then let it dry. So far, 2 years and no issues. Did the same with my .22 Talondor, 1 year no issues. 

Good luck with the TT TH. 

It is not necessary to degass the gun. All you simply need to do is to remove the old top hat and install the new. The tip of the top hat inside the valve fits snugly into a delrin seat that seals the valve. 

Helpful hint: Get an automotive door panel removal tool like this one. 

https://www.amazon.com/Cal-Hawk-Door-Panel-Upholstery-Remover/dp/B00470JPDW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1548280851&sr=8-10&keywords=door+panel+removal+tool

Most all automotive parts stores have these. Avoid the plastic ones. 

Removal of the old one:

Remove the tank from the gun. It's easier.

Simply use this to lift out the old one. Yeah, you can put a couple of screw drivers under the factory top hat or even a pair of needle nose pliers but why risk damaging the factory one? you may want to hang on to it.

Installing the new one:

Apply a tiny amount of silicone grease to the stem of the top hat. You will be inserting it through a O-ring seal and you don't want to nick or tear it. You will need to re-seat the stem into the delrin seal inside the valve. The easiest way to do that is to insert the new top hat into the brass bonnet (that's what it's called) in the valve pushing by hand as firmly as possible. You might experience some air release if you push really hard. Putting a work glove on your hand will keep the edge of the top hat from cutting your finger/hand. DO NOT strike the top of the top hat with anything. You take a chance on damaging you new top hat. Then reinstall the tank and dry fire the gun several times with the power wheel set at "10". This will reseat the top hat with out damaging the edge of the outlet. Make note of exactly where your power wheel setting is prior to this step so you can go back to it. 

Best of luck!