• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airforce Condor or Benjamin Marauder for accuracy?

I have to confess that I ended up not buying an air gun. I bought a suppressor and half a case of subsonic ammo for a 22 rifle. It's accurate, quite, and drops both crows and coyotes. Buy the time I narrowed down my air rifle choice it was just too expensive to gear up and maintain compared to a 22. I came here to learn about air rifles, and learn I did. Thank you all for the deep dive education. Have a smooth weekend.

I've never had a marauder.
I love my condor but it's far from stock.
.25 acp unchoked 1:14 twist barrel.
Maddog stock, extreme valve, Tony's light trigger spring, tri tail for the scope, extra barrel bushing, 95g hammer and a donny fl moderator.
I tether a ninja bottle for more shots.
consistent 1/2" groups at 65 yds with Avs 48g slugs for 95 fpe.
Took a long time to get there but was worth it.
You can definitely do more with the condor in terms of upgrades. But they can be a challenge to shoot accurately.
The right ammo at the right speed with the right hold is a good start.

Where did you get the barrel?

Never owned an AirForce rifle. But I do have three Marauders in .25. All are modified, one is parts built from mostly aftermarket. One has a GM barrel, the others a Crosman barrel. All are very accurate and thus far with the 34 grain JSBs the Crosman barrels are more accurate than the GM barrel.

This is 40 yards and typical of all three of my .25 caliber Maruaders. This particular rifle can run 54 to nearly 70 fpe (with heavy pellets). Minimum pellet weight is a 28 grain Barracuda Hunter at about 60 fpe. If I crank it up with the lighter pellets they do indeed spiral. The JSB 34 grains do not spiral even when pushed hard but accuracy begins to degrade. It does not like slugs at all so I need a quality 40 +/- pellet.

The near rifle is an Urban .22.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickrick
I have to confess that I ended up not buying an air gun. I bought a suppressor and half a case of subsonic ammo for a 22 rifle. It's accurate, quite, and drops both crows and coyotes. Buy the time I narrowed down my air rifle choice it was just too expensive to gear up and maintain compared to a 22. I came here to learn about air rifles, and learn I did. Thank you all for the deep dive education. Have a smooth weekend.
Good choice.

I too shoot CCI Quiet, Quiet Auto and Subsonic. Problem is that a PB is not always acceptable in places an air rifle might be and importantly I have found that pellets are much more limited in ricochet possibility and how far they will fly. Pellets go so far and fall out of the sky basically as they go unstable and tumble. Now start talking slugs and there is no advantage. CCI Quiet Segmented is 45 fpe, CCI Subsonic is 98 fpe. At 60 fpe my Marauder .25 splits the difference and is much less likely to ricochet or end up in an adjacent (and possibly hostile) property.

I had 3 marauders they were the starting point some years ago, they where accurate for a few months all 3 -.177-22-25 .. then they go crazy all pellets spiraling I tried every thing, all sold n i simply don't look back . The 2 hatsan bt 65 i purchased later where simply more accurate at that time than the marauders .. more than 9 years has past, the only rifles I still have from when I started are my Airforce guns , their newer valves are simply way more tunable that their first or second gen ones .. so much that I have upgraded all my valves to the last gen rimlock valves .. the trick is to have the correct spring n hammer for what you want to shoot, right now I have 5 and those will no be for sale never .. I could sell everything else but no my AF.. they go from low power pellet use to full power bullet shooting.. so far there is no other platform that could do that ..

Last edited: