Airforce airguns

Damn! You guys with TalonP's are making me want to get one. I already have an Escape and a Condor... how am I going to explain this to the wife? :)
It works a lot like it did when I bought my second and third Glock.
They looked enough alike that my wife didn't notice until she saw more than one on the cleaning bench.
Then when she asked when I got that one? I answered honestly, "I've had that one for a year or two."

• Haha
Reactions: Stretch
It works a lot like it did when I bought my second and third Glock.
They looked enough alike that my wife didn't notice until she saw more than one on the cleaning bench.
Then when she asked when I got that one? I answered honestly, "I've had that one for a year or two."

Well I hope it works. I just ordered a TalonP. Boy am I in trouble. ;)

Tuning a talonSS
I’m wondering is there any way to make the hammer/valve less harsh in the ear?

I have it regulated around 1700-1800 psi, shooting 18gr jsb 800fps at that pressure.
Well, 815fps….but I backed of the HS a bit.

Would this be considered a good way to tune this gun?
Or could I possibly have a quieter/smoother shot cycle if I farther increased the reg pressure?

If you use it for hunting, try the NSA .250 slugs in similar weight ranges to the JSB's.

My condor is an SS model too. I don't know how old yours is, but I installed the new high flow version with the upgraded top hat. It has restrictors to adjust for airflow. I also have a heavier hammer/spring setup. I purchased most of my parts and had them installed or installed them myself from Talon Tunes. The high flow valve setup, I got from airforce. The tank drop down adapter is a must imo.

If I recall, when I tested my setup I could launch 25 cal 43 grain pills somewhere between 950 to 1050 fps, but it dumped the tank fast. I settled for launching in the mid 900's with 33.5 to 34.9 NSA slugs.

20220816_192004.jpg

Reactions: The Codger
I just can't get over how accurate and powerful my new TalonP is. I sighted it in at 25 yds and got a quarter-sized group, 50 yds was a 3" group, and once I figured out hold-over, I was hitting a 4" gong at 100 yds with authority. And that's using a red dot! Damn, this thing is awesome!

View attachment 283439
Wait 'till you start smashing pests with Predator Plymags, lol.

Reactions: jmohme
Thinking of getting a Talon in 177. Can anyone share there 177 experience? Will be shooting heavier 177, 13-16gr slugs or heavy pellets. Thx!
I had a 177 condor barrel that worked great.. I imagine that the 18" condor ss barrel should do great up to 16g ...do not use the talon short barrel at 12" that would be In 177 only for really close posting ..

I just can't get over how accurate and powerful my new TalonP is. I sighted it in at 25 yds and got a quarter-sized group, 50 yds was a 3" group, and once I figured out hold-over, I was hitting a 4" gong at 100 yds with authority. And that's using a red dot! Damn, this thing is awesome!

View attachment 283439
Yeah they still hold up as one of the best hunting carbines...stick it in your backpack and go! The AF stock is a worthwhile investment, too.

I have the .177 cal 24 barrel on a talonP frame with altaros regulator in a stock ,177-.20 valved tank. The reg is set to 150bar, PW set to 8-1 to open the valve consistently. I fill to 3000 psi and shot to 2200 psi where the regulator is set at. I get 20 plus shots at 968-975 fps with mostly one whole groups at 50 yards. I love this setup!

F681F67D-84E4-4E22-9630-A35C651A83B6.png

Reactions: Senor Ramon
I have the .177 cal 24 barrel on a talonP frame with altaros regulator in a stock ,177-.20 valved tank. The reg is set to 150bar, PW set to 8-1 to open the valve consistently. I fill to 3000 psi and shot to 2200 psi where the regulator is set at. I get 20 plus shots at 968-975 fps with mostly one whole groups at 50 yards. I love this setup!

View attachment 287363
Is this a LW barrel from AirForce or is it a different brand?

Did you see an increase in velocity once you installed it?