Airforce airguns

I love my airforce .25 condor. It's a tank. I say this because I literally almost destroyed it trying to get the stuck spinloc piece off and now it's on there forever until I decide to cut the bottle off the gun. I have a polygon .25 acp barrel on it, a couple of frame stiffning additions, TalonTunes lighter spring and 95g hammer and a donnyfl sumo moderator. I shoot Avs .253 44g slugs at 975 fps for roughly 94 fpe and was getting 50 yd 1/2" groups with. At the moment I'm trying to get some time off to get my new vevor compressor going since my previous 12v 'orange' portable compressor won't give me enough psi anymore even after multiple rebuilds.

I tether it to a 68cc ninja tank with a 3K output ninja regulator, which came to me with 3300psi output and I'm adjusting the discs to get closer to the 3K I need. So when I finally get that reg lined out and check the grouping again I'll post some pics of the groups and how I'm surprised it still shoots after almost beating it to death with a hammer and chisel.
Oh yeah, and the barrel is permanently stuck in the frame now also. Due to my stubborness on getting the new barrel in, I almost destroyed the barrel and gun getting it out the first time also, so for some reason I decided to get it permanently stuck after I sanded down the barrel bushings.

I've owned a lot of air rifles over the years but recently became a big fan of Airforce air rifles. It would be hard to say what I like most about them: well built, excellent accuracy, great warranty and after sales support, lightweight, and outstanding third party parts and modifications. My first Airforce air rifle was an Escape .22 and I liked it so much I bought a used Condor not long afterwards. Here's my latest build: an old Condor .22 completely turned into something that's a joy to shoot.

custom condor 22.jpg

No thoughts from me on mods but I do own one. Tried the Gunpower Stealth(I believe) in the '90's as a target shooter and was less than interested in owning one. Had 2 bigbore's in 2000 but .177 and Field Target is the big fun so did that for 10+ years when we lived in TN. 2 years ago I needed (really Honey even safer than a rimfire) a touch more power for Yellow belly marmot in the Orchard that was, light, powerful enough and low cost.
The Airforce Escape UL in .25 at about 4 & 1/2lb won. Tiny light little thing, 12mm barrel and honestly the trigger is just fine. That shocked me . With the spin loc TIGHT it does not have the flex of years gone buy. Enough power to pass through two (yes a bragging shot with witnesses) large Marmot's at a mere 40 yards.
7 shots & no use for it so put away a bit. Thought I would sell it so checked it, holding air just fine, fired 5 shots at a 77 yard 2" spinner and didnt miss? That's fun. So a tin or so later-and everything out of the box just cleaned the barrel once- I decided I needed to get some paper up at range and see how it actually groped before I sold it.
So now I still own it.
Personally would go with a different LDC (good price used and I dont need one but...) but using a Shogun -if using a slip on adapter buy someone else's- it is the sound everyone seems to be looking for.
Fill pressure sweet spot is 2,600psi.
Only possible complaint is the absolute straight cut of the barrel at the breach. A flawless 90% cut w/zero taper making it fairly easy to damage a pellet (badl). Maybe one day I will "crown" it with a brass screw or??? But I have no real issue with it and even the misses leaned how to carefully load it.
The darn thing really doesn't miss a target.
John

Last edited:
Sweet lookin' rig breaux -

Say hi to Tammy!

Vines
Thanks, really just the Marmot rig and they are all gone. My 77 yard target involves walking about 100' down then up 100' the other side of the Hollow to be level. I DO need to get some paper up tho as it does seem to be shooting under 1" at that range and I can normally hit the thin bar attaching the paddle-5 shots then refill-. I didnt really intend to keep it but is shoots so well and is SO light and ambi.
Ms.Tammy say's hello and misses having you over.

John

I have 3 .. 2 of them easy are 2k buids only for heavy bullet shooting .. I was going to sell the third..but keep it for 2 reasons one a spare frame just in case something in the other 2 frames fail .. or I'm hit with a other 5 category hurricane like Maria n we were almost 6 months without power..there a low fill gun 3000psi comes very handy... other than that .. I really don't know why someone would choose to buy a small caliber airforce..over a regulated gun .. Gaunlets are putting great smack down regulated power n still cheaper than a single shot airforce..that fastly becomes a money pit that almost no body wants unless you sell it will all the gismos you purchase for $400 or less.. don't get me wrong i just paid for another 2 mandrels to make 2 new barrels for my airforce i have 4 barrels on the works that is $1000 only in tooling..+ whatever the barrels costs + the machining costs..is that the truth is they are better guns for your money. View attachment 274018
mercado, I too like the Airforce guns. I own 3 and I have been trying to find a projectile that my .25 Condor likes. Just recently I installed a Talon tunes regulater on this gun. I was wondering how many shots you get with the large bottle. Oh the jsb 33.95 seems to give me the best accuracy so far.

mercado, I too like the Airforce guns. I own 3 and I have been trying to find a projectile that my .25 Condor likes. Just recently I installed a Talon tunes regulater on this gun. I was wondering how many shots you get with the large bottle. Oh the jsb 33.95 seems to give me the best accuracy so far.
Hi if I get 20 in
257shoot at 175fp ... for pellets it should give you more than 80 shots..I really never got to make it work my condor in .25 used to have heavy barrels 18" n 24" none worked as I expected..but had a friend machinists worked me a TJ 1-22 for pellets it works awesome..

Last edited:
I have a Condor SS in .25, it likes the JSB King Heavy 33.95 better than the MKII in 33.95. I need to revisit the King 25.39, only about 8 shots taken with those.
The grip was swapped out the first day for a MDT PISTOL GRIP ELITE , direct swap with a good palm swell and a little more body to fit my hand.
I have a friend with a AF 50 Texan that I haven't seen in person yet, life and work keep getting in the way

I have a DonnyFL Tanto on the way to hopefully reduce the shot noise on my .25. Over all not real loud with the heavier pellets but pretty loud when I loaded the 16.54. I'm just a backyard plinker with pest control on my mind and that is my .02.

Reactions: jmohme
I'm really enjoying my TalonP, it shoots JSB Hades the best out of what I've tested so far but I was also able to get it to group NSA 33.5gr and FX Hybrid 26gr slugs well enough that I trust hunting with them. I put a DonnyFL Ronin on it and have been having a blast popping 7.5oz mini soda cans at 100 yards the last few days.

Six shots at 50 yards with NSA 33.5gr slugs, the one outside the group was on me.
nsa 33.5gr.jpg

talon.jpg