• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airfoce Condor .22 Accuracy Problems

The Condor platform can shoot very well but also can be a bit "temperamental". To me, the soft shot after sitting for a few minutes suggests something mechanically shifting in the sear area or with the spring contact on the hammer or adjuster. I would remove the barrel, remove the spring and adjuster, and remove the hammer and breech. Then, clean it all very well (including inside the receiver) and reinstall without any lube, making sure all is clean and correctly aligned in the receiver. As noted above, I'd try a heavier pellet to drop velocity a bit or, to accomplish the same thing with the lighter pellets, add an o-ring/spacer under the top hat OR clip a coil off the hammer spring. These are all different methods for accomplishing the same thing-dropping velocity a bit. My Condors (both .177 and .22) shoot very well up to 1000fps with multiple pellets but I haven't tested above that velocity. Just above 1100fps is probably the absolute worst velocity range to shoot in.

Another issue with the Condor platform is FRAME FLEX. Depending on how one likes to shoot, heavy "cheek weld" pressure can move POI around noticeably. An aftermarket stock apparently could eliminate that, but raising the scope height and using a lighter touch on the bottle can also work quite well. This was very apparent on both of my Condors.

Interesting problem. You're either getting a soft hammer strike or your valve is sticking after it's set for a while. Try removing your tophat (valve - it just pulls out), cleaning it, and replacing. You can dry-fire it back into position. If that doesn't work, I'd pull the innards and look for anything (including dirt and debris, especially anything tacky). I second the Talon Tunes adjustable tophat and dialing your gun's velocity down, but those don't directly address the light shot you're getting after a rest. I'd try to figure that out before changing anything else.

Oh, and check that the little screw that rides in the slot behind the power adjustment wheel is still there!

GsT