• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airacuda updates.

I recently quit a rifle club I was an officer in over petty little men squabbling over nothing. The world is getting uglier by the day, We have to better than your average idiot. I’m obsessive , truth told most of us here are but we have to be civil. Dave is working at getting us real world information, He is GIVING His time.

I recently quit a rifle club I was an officer in over petty little men squabbling over nothing. The world is getting uglier by the day, We have to better than your average idiot. I’m obsessive , truth told most of us here are but we have to be civil. Dave is working at getting us real world information, He is GIVING His time.

And, when a mistake is made and the person making it owns up, then grace is indeed the rule of the day.

My hunters will knock off for lunch in an hour, I will try the 30m and 100y targets and will post the targets once shot. I have the Airacuda, the Varmint and Chaser to pattern at 30m so there will be some shootin' today! :)

I got my Airacuda standard in .25 with no air in it so I filled it to 3000psi in the afternoon. By next morning it was down to 2500psi. I don't like that.
Did you get it from Pyramid? Pyramid is easy to deal with . Might be the poppet not seating but I would not hesitate to return it. You could fill it to 3000 .lbs and shoot a couple of mags, that could be all it needs to seat the poppet. Lots of places it can leak, just depends on how much troubleshooting you are comfortable with on a new rifle.

I had a WILD day of shooting, NO wind, dead calm, fantastic, right?

20° F and my shooting bench is right next to the wood boiler so the smoke just settled all around me at times. What a fun day, brought out the Airacuda Max, the FrankenChaser (I like that, I may keep that name) and the Varmint.

I just had awful luck with the Airacuda at 30m, barrel clamp on, barrel clamp off, changed scopes, changed ammo and air charges. The POI changed with every shot no matter what I did. I decided to bring it inside for the 10m range and ended up getting a very nice card, Im submitting it over at the GTA casual 10y match.

On to the others : I got a few good targets at 100Y and the FC did just fine at 30m.

FYI, 10m, indoors, .22 Airacuda, .22, 850 FPS, CPHP's, 13.9gr

20221113_174040.jpg

Reactions: AmosBurton
I leaned toward a standard for a long time but have a Max on the way. Too early to tell if this is a one off issue, hopefully we will figure it out. Should have mine by Thursday. I am supposed to be at Mom’s house in Louisiana for Thanksgiving next week but on Friday my Wife came home from a business trip in Atlanta ,got sick and tested + for Covid yesterday. I have symptoms and just got back from testing , waiting for results now.

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
Friday I received an Airacuda Max in .22. I'll start first with the good first then the bad.
Sorry I can't post pics, I don' have enough posts yet. I find the gun to be accurate @33 yards I shot jsb 14's at average 945 fps 10 shot groups into a dime sized group. Same yardage shot H&N 18's 10 shot groups into smaller than a dime size @ 855 fps. The rifle looks good and appears to be well crafted at this price point. Regulator pressure set at 1900 psl from the factory and no adjustments have been made yet to hammer spring or regulator. Without any tuning this gun seems very promising. The pressure gauges seem to be pretty accurate to boot.
Now the bad. When received the gun would not take air and you could feel the compressor air coming out the end of the barrel ( this is not good) so while the compressor was trying to fill I cocked and dry fired and on the 3rd try it stopped leaking, sticky poppet? When received the gun had no air in it. It holds pressure without dropping, whew thank goodness that one was resolved. Now the 2nd problem. The magazines would not fit the action because it was too tight, approx .5 mm tighter up by the scope mound area vs down below the pellet probe. Jeez, I'm getting frustrated at this first it wont take air and now I can't insert a mag to even shoot it. So I decided to remove the stock and behold the mags fit perfectly. Reason is the stock supports the air tube at the fron and the rear section of the action only. The rest in between is about a 3/8" gap between the action and the stock. There is only 1 screw securing the stock to the action and even when you gently snug the stock down it will flex the action to where the mags wont insert. There is flex and this is the weakest point where it flexes. So I used an assortment of different thickness shims around the mounting bolt to get it almost where I wanted it( just touching the wood and not flexing the action) so I could properly tighten the stock and finished with spring washer. Tomorrow I will mill an aluminum block to take the place of the shims and pillow bed this properly.
I'm not trying to scare anyone off from buying an Airacuda max, just giving my experience thus far. It truly is a fine shooter without even dialing it in yet.

Reactions: Firewalker
Friday I received an Airacuda Max in .22. I'll start first with the good first then the bad.
Sorry I can't post pics, I don' have enough posts yet. I find the gun to be accurate @33 yards I shot jsb 14's at average 945 fps 10 shot groups into a dime sized group. Same yardage shot H&N 18's 10 shot groups into smaller than a dime size @ 855 fps. The rifle looks good and appears to be well crafted at this price point. Regulator pressure set at 1900 psl from the factory and no adjustments have been made yet to hammer spring or regulator. Without any tuning this gun seems very promising. The pressure gauges seem to be pretty accurate to boot.
Now the bad. When received the gun would not take air and you could feel the compressor air coming out the end of the barrel ( this is not good) so while the compressor was trying to fill I cocked and dry fired and on the 3rd try it stopped leaking, sticky poppet? When received the gun had no air in it. It holds pressure without dropping, whew thank goodness that one was resolved. Now the 2nd problem. The magazines would not fit the action because it was too tight, approx .5 mm tighter up by the scope mound area vs down below the pellet probe. Jeez, I'm getting frustrated at this first it wont take air and now I can't insert a mag to even shoot it. So I decided to remove the stock and behold the mags fit perfectly. Reason is the stock supports the air tube at the fron and the rear section of the action only. The rest in between is about a 3/8" gap between the action and the stock. There is only 1 screw securing the stock to the action and even when you gently snug the stock down it will flex the action to where the mags wont insert. There is flex and this is the weakest point where it flexes. So I used an assortment of different thickness shims around the mounting bolt to get it almost where I wanted it( just touching the wood and not flexing the action) so I could properly tighten the stock and finished with spring washer. Tomorrow I will mill an aluminum block to take the place of the shims and pillow bed this properly.
I'm not trying to scare anyone off from buying an Airacuda max, just giving my experience thus far. It truly is a fine shooter without even dialing it in yet.