• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airacuda updates.

Greetings,
Ran tests today on the H&N pellet/slug collection, interesting results. Need to clarify my current tune is not factory, while Hammer Spring is factory, my regulator is 160 BAR, rather than factory 140. First finding, H&N Slug HP (28 gr), Barracuda Hunter (27.47 gr) and Barracuda (30.86 gr) all loaded easier in magazine but required slightly extra effort on cocking than JSB. Accuracy findings, Slug HP and Barracuda Hunter mirrored JSB (25.47) grouping, any Airacuda accurate with JSB (25.47) should have success with these. My higher regulator "tune" made very tight groups with the heavier Barracuda (30.86) pellets, will chronograph to determine foot pounds of energy. Can't recommend H&N Field Target Trophy (20.06 gr), hard to insert in magazine and too light for accuracy. If owner wanted to detune gun for low-power use, these pellets would be worth trying. Picture shows tight group of JSB (25.47) surrounded by Field Target Trophy (20.06); Point of Aim was circle. WM
IMG_20221218_152343.jpg

Reactions: Clear Fork
Can somebody help me? I have a Aircuda Max .25. My stock is loose. I do not want to tighten down on something that shouldn’t be tighten down. Can someone tell me where the mounts are so I can secure this to be tighter?
There is now a metal spacer that goes over the screw that holds the stock on, on the INSIDE of the stock. Contact JTS, Travis, and ask for one.

If yours is also the Max (like WorriedMan’s), meaning the model with a regulator, what you want to do is make sure the hammer spring tension is adjusted properly. Having a lower-than-expected shot count and being loud both suggest there is too much hammer spring tension causing it to waste air.

The way you do that is by starting with low spring tension and gradually increase it until the velocity maxes out. Then back it off until the velocity falls to about 95 to 97% of the maximum. At this point it will no longer be wasting air.

So for example start by backing off the adjuster a full turn, maybe two full turns. The exact amount isn’t important, this is just an arbitrary attempt to start at some reduced velocity. Take a shot and note the velocity. Dial in the adjuster by ¼ or ½ turn to increase the hammer spring tension and take another shot. The velocity should increase. Add another quarter or half turn and check the velocity again. Keep going until the velocity no longer increases. Let’s say it plateaus at 880fps. Now back off the adjuster until the velocity falls to somewhere between 836 and 854fps (calculated as 880*0.95 and 880*0.97, respectively).

Now see what the shot count is.
Old post I know, but how would you go about adjusting the Standard (non-regulated) for optimal shot count ?
I'm new at this.

Reactions: 17dean
Old post I know, but how would you go about adjusting the Standard (non-regulated) for optimal shot count ?
I'm new at this.
What shot count are you getting now? I just started shooting mine and at the medium power setting I got 100 shots, starting at 3000 psi and ending at 1600 psi. I still need to analyze my data to bracket my shot curve for the sweet spot. And then I need to do the same for the other power settings.