JTS Airacuda Max .25

Good evening everyone. Airacuda took care of me with my air leak. They did a tremendous job. I had a problem with clipping again, changed my barrel around and I think it’s better, I will try again more tomorrow getting my air tank filled now. I’ve come to the point where the gun just seems to shoot better without a moderator even though it’s a little bit on the loud side for my neighborhood. I would be willing to try another one but the clipping is just bad when I thought it on.

Any suggestions? Also my regulator is set at 1900 do you feel though that is a little bit low for a .25? Like I said I’m in the preliminary stages of getting this gun back together just was seeking any helpful hints as well as letting you know my air leak was resolved perfectly from Airacuda .

Regarding the clipping, check how the the baffles and the air stripper fit within the shroud. Wrap them with clear tape as needed until they are a nice slip fit. Meaning they will insert and slide inside the shroud when held vertical with no slop. Do the same with the stub at the end of the barrel so the air stripper is a slip fit to it. These steps will help ensure the barrel centers within the shroud.

Regarding the regulator setpoint, I'd say it just depends on what energy level you want. Dial the hammer spring tension to the velocity knee and see what you get.

True,
DonnyFL just offered an insert for the Max that replaces the OEM baffle/air stripper/stack bolt assembly. It's $50 and can be found on their website or @ BuckRail's website. Insert is one-piece, instead of multi-piece stack and trues up barrel to shroud to eliminate moderator clipping. Gun is louder with DonnyFL insert compared to OEM so moderator would be needed. I've not been using moderator but would consider the DonnyFL if neighbors say anything. WM

Been shooting JSB 25.39s @ 875 FPS with regulator @ 1880. If wanting to shoot the heavier JSB 33.95s, I'd crank regulator to 2100, just like the Gauntlet 2. None of my other .25s prefer JSB 25.39s and I've got 6 tins, so will keep this tune. Lately trying to understand wild first 5-6 shots after filling gun, realized regulator creep to 1900 which must be too much for JSB 25.39s. After 5-6 shots regulator back to 1880, accuracy returns and stays till gun falls off regulator. WM

This was my thread regarding the new DonnyFL Adapter that 'WorriedMan' mentioned.

My Airacuda Std .25 was clipping really badly with a suppressor installed. This adapter fixed the issue for my rifle.

Off the subject, but my .25 Airacuda favors the JTS 29.63 at 845fps over all the other popular .25 pellets (I've tried a half dozen). Regularly groups 5-shots at between .600" & .800" at 50yds. Of course, I shoot some groups that go a little smaller, and larger. These groups are while using the DonnyFL adapter and a 0dB .30 suppressor.

Reactions: WorriedMan
This was my thread regarding the new DonnyFL Adapter that 'WorriedMan' mentioned.

My Airacuda Std .25 was clipping really badly with a suppressor installed. This adapter fixed the issue for my rifle.

Off the subject, but my .25 Airacuda favors the JTS 29.63 at 845fps over all the other popular .25 pellets (I've tried a half dozen). Regularly groups 5-shots at between .600" & .800" at 50yds. Of course, I shoot some groups that go a little smaller, and larger. These groups are while using the DonnyFL adapter and a 0dB .30 suppressor.
Thanks for posting thread, credit goes to you for the find! Shot this 5-shot group @ 50, just casual target work until I realized they were going in jagged hole. Posted on forum, no comments but some "likes." Refilled gun, today was next shooting opportunity, noticed regulator right @ 1900. First 5-6 shots were all over, finally started grouping, regulator was back to 1880. WM
IMG_20231028_160538.jpg

I have the Donny adapter and a Buck-Rail suppressor, not as quiet as I think it should be, how quiet is yours with the 0db ?
I think mine is just a little quieter than stock (maybe)

I have the Donny adapter and a Buck-Rail suppressor, not as quiet as I think it should be, how quiet is yours with the 0db ?
I think mine is just a little quieter than stock (maybe)
I don't know how to describe how quiet the rifle is with the 0dB. The rifle just has a 'thump' sound and is quieter than stock, but not a lot. When I am out in the woods sitting on a coyote calling stand, the rifle seems near silent when fired.

Yes all good things here. I’m going to have to experiment more. Worried man I have the same problem at times now that you say that my first few shots are not on target as well. I will now be more aware of my regulator , another frustrating aspect of this. Let me see if I have any more clipping without moderator on it and I will get back to you guys.
Before JTS brought the Airacuda Max to market they provided samples to air gun reviewers. Early reviewers noted maximum fill pressure of 3500 psi, which provided approximately 30 shots. As you know, our guns came restricted to 3200 psi fill, for around 20 shots. JTS had experienced "O" ring problems during early testing, prior to production, and better-quality ones were substituted. I suspected lower maximum fill rate was related to this, now I think it may have been to address regulator creep. I'll be trying different fill rates to see how they affect regulator creep. Interesting that new Airacuda Max .30 comes with max fill rate of 3500 psi, wonder what changes, if any, were made to allow higher fill rate. WM