Airacuda Max .25 Accuracy Problem Solved

Thanks to Firewalker, and others, I've finally been able to solve the loud report, pellet clipping and spiraling pellet mystery that's plagued this gun from day one. Having tried many remedies, including a Travis supplied stock-spacer and Dremel-tooling a gap between stock and vent hole, I followed Firewalker's suggestion to switch shroud around. During this process I found the stack bolt (looks like a thick washer, outside edge threaded) that tightens down against the air stripper and four baffle stack, prior to the endcap being installed, was never tightened. The air stripper and four baffles, held in place by snug contact with shroud, were free to move up and down during each shot, with an air gap between top baffle and stack bolt. With stack bolt properly secured, the gun is quiet and accuracy, phenomenal. No surprise that Chinese QC can be iffy but feel design quality and value still make the Airacuda worth recommending. WM

Reactions: tcarlson777
"No surprise that Chinese QC can be iffy"

Youd kinda soupy hink the american guy who contract these guns would have thete own QC guy to to help insure the China QC stays in line .. but like most all things it's no real Qc just make somthing fast and cheap to import and sell it to you for good markup/ profit and worry about any issues after that fact.

As in they got your money and you got there junk kinda thing. Just put the ball in your court . Use to be a team of engineers was hands on and worked things out in R&D today its just the computer says its good .... Ship it. Lol

"No surprise that Chinese QC can be iffy"

Youd kinda soupy hink the american guy who contract these guns would have thete own QC guy to to help insure the China QC stays in line .. but like most all things it's no real Qc just make somthing fast and cheap to import and sell it to you for good markup/ profit and worry about any issues after that fact.

As in they got your money and you got there junk kinda thing. Just put the ball in your court . Use to be a team of engineers was hands on and worked things out in R&D today its just the computer says its good .... Ship it. Lol
Test firing by Pyramyd Air would have caught this and another labor source might have done better, however, now the price is $700, not $400, so I guess you, "pays your money and takes your chances." I'm satisfied the Airacuda is a quality product (no plastic in sight) and a well-designed bargain, I'll recommend to anyone as a "starter" PCP option. WM

Test firing by Pyramyd Air would have caught this and another labor source might have done better, however, now the price is $700, not $400, so I guess you, "pays your money and takes your chances." I'm satisfied the Airacuda is a quality product (no plastic in sight) and a well-designed bargain, I'll recommend to anyone as a "starter" PCP option. WM
Lol.. i hold a lot of confidence in PA and that .. then you see some of that in the forums...

But ya, seems most anything a guy got to fix it or do somthing to make it right..

I almost expect it nowadays. Im not knocking the gun i just find its now commonplace on most things ive been getting over the years..

Anyway enjoy..

Not disagreeing with you, at all, just putting it all out there so folks can make their best judgement call. My situation was caused a careless worker, probably a Monday morning or Friday afternoon build, that shouldn't condemn a good product to oblivion. Travis stood behind it and provided prompt support, not something other Chinese-manufactured PCPs can claim. If forced to decide between Air Venturi Avenger, DAR or Airacuda, I'd still give Airacuda the nod. Avenge-X, while clearly addressing Avenger shortcomings, is pricing itself out of the "starter" PCP market, IMO. Glad for your comments, who knows how helpful this discussion will be for those starting the PCP journey. WM

Reactions: UCChris
its great to hear you got the problems straightend out......
a good friend of mine had one with multiple problems also and the only
way he made out was returning the gun for a refund.
Yeah, one of our members returned his, think the gauge was cross-threaded, I'd have done the same thing. I know buying a new product carries risks, that is, until the bugs are worked out, but never planned on THIS struggle. Silver-lining is I learned lots, got to deal with some great fellow airgunners and, eventually, got it resolved. I'm still sold on the Airacuda and will continue to push it as a good "starter" PCP. Thanks for the kind thoughts. WM

Reactions: gendoc
That’s great news. U worked hard at this. Good job.
Thank you, Sir, appreciate your support and encouragement along the way. I see what you mean about accuracy, this gun shoots dime-size, ragged holes @ 50 yds. with JSB 25.39s or 33.95s, with ease. Not a wooden-stock fan and a touch on the heavy side, but the platform is a solid "starter" PCP with up-to-date technology, a real bargain @ $420. WM