Air Ventury 46m

Canada Shooting Supply has new “original” Baikal IZH-46M in stock at CA 800 less 12% sale price. Should be around $540 total including shipping. Not familiar with the Morini but the Izzy is a proven winner IMO.

I have both, like the natural wood grip on the IZH better than the AV. The way the laminate is cut on the AV, the back edge of the trigger guard is exposed a tiny bit, enough to irritate my index finger. That to me is the only downside. Otherwise they are identical, very easy to cock, triggers are esquisite, the only other thing that I have that is as good is a FWB 300. Accuracy, I cannot say much except they are more accurate than I can shoot. It would be interesting to make a grip that could be clamped in a vise or rest so you could see really how accurate it is.

I have both, like the natural wood grip on the IZH better than the AV. The way the laminate is cut on the AV, the back edge of the trigger guard is exposed a tiny bit, enough to irritate my index finger. That to me is the only downside. Otherwise they are identical, very easy to cock, triggers are esquisite, the only other thing that I have that is as good is a FWB 300. Accuracy, I cannot say much except they are more accurate than I can shoot. It would be interesting to make a grip that could be clamped in a vise or rest so you could see really how accurate it is.
you could just take the grip off , looks like a 1/2 x 1/4 x 2 inch long piece that could be in a vice with plastic protectors ?

you could just take the grip off , looks like a 1/2 x 1/4 x 2 inch long piece that could be in a vice with plastic protectors ?
I am sure something could be fixed up. I would have to be absolutely solid, and allow for the swing down of the cocking lever. I simply do not have a place, or bench outside where I shoot where that would be easy. I use a Caldwell stable table, not the most solid but ok for simple shooting , and no way would it be solid enough to mount a vise or clamp for such a set up. I have a big solid bench vise in my garage workshop, but the way it is oriented does not give me enough range to shoot and I doubt if there would be enough under a clamped gun for the cocking lever.

Reactions: beerthief
any opinions how a AV46m would stand up to a Morini 162IE ? i have the Morini but like the idea of the 46m or used Russian original .
I find one to be just as accurate as the other. I like the rake of the grip on the 46M better than that of the Morini. To me, my hand sits "in" the 46M grip. Whereas I "hang on to" the Morini 162 EI grip. The Morini is better suited to match shooting, though.

42C9CF0D-5C7B-4ECF-B47A-2795DBDD9075.jpeg

Reactions: Gwelo
I find one to be just as accurate as the other. I like the rake of the grip on the 46M better than that of the Morini. To me, my hand sits "in" the 46M grip. Whereas I "hang on to" the Morini 162 EI grip. The Morini is better suited to match shooting, though.

View attachment 333714
thankyou just trying to reason IF i want to spent the money because i already have an excellent 10 meter Morini , but the AV would be fun .