Air Venturi vs Four Uncles hand pump

They are all pretty much the same. I think the hill is different but in my opinion I wouldn’t consider spending the price of a hill. No reason to. I have two 40-45 dollar un branded China pumps and a 4 uncles. They are all the same and work exactly the same. They are solid with basically the only thing needing replacement is a small oring in the bottom of the pump in the check valve. I think it is an 006 or 007 size and you can get 100 of them for 5-6 dollars on Amazon. Just buy the cheapest 4500 psi pump you can get on there.

Reactions: Scotay42
They are all pretty much the same. I think the hill is different but in my opinion I wouldn’t consider spending the price of a hill. No reason to. I have two 40-45 dollar un branded China pumps and a 4 uncles. They are all the same and work exactly the same. They are solid with basically the only thing needing replacement is a small oring in the bottom of the pump in the check valve. I think it is an 006 or 007 size and you can get 100 of them for 5-6 dollars on Amazon. Just buy the cheapest 4500 psi pump you can get on there.
Totally agree. Keep it lubed and good times. I did just score a sale on the GX Cs2 compressor. I plan to always check temp and stay close when filling my guns anyway, so i did not want any auto shutoff or other junk for more things to just go bad.lol, sometimes just keep it simple.

Amazon currently has the cheapest of the 3 Air Venturi hand pumps for $69. The Four Uncles is $63. Is the Air Venturi any better or is it also a rebranded Chinese pump? I think the more expensive Mk4 is made by Hill but I don’t know about the base pump.
Check ebay too. Saw one last night 4uncles for 53bucks

Reactions: Trucker3573
Totally agree. Keep it lubed and good times. I did just score a sale on the GX Cs2 compressor. I plan to always check temp and stay close when filling my guns anyway, so i did not want any auto shutoff or other junk for more things to just go bad.lol, sometimes just keep it simple.
I’m almost there on the compressor front. I’ve had a hard time accepting they have a finite life span and reliability issues but I will probably pull the trigger soon. I have really been leaning toward a gx as well. They seem relatively simple and easy to work on. Let me know how it goes with yours.

Actually just bit the bullet. I ordered a gx cs2. I probably found the same deal. Right on gx website you get a discount for signing up for their newsletter. The cs2 ended up only being 268 dollars shipped. Figure I probably won’t do better than that.

Be careful without that auto shutoff. That's a pretty major feature to me. Keeping an eye on the pump while it's filling sounds like a boring waste of time, but you gotta do it without auto-shutoff. Not even a piss break!

FWIW I have an Air Venturi hand pump and a Hill MK5. The Air Venturi was cheaper and it's just as good if not better than the Hill. Even though it doesn't have that probably useless moisture filtration system.

Be careful without that auto shutoff. That's a pretty major feature to me. Keeping an eye on the pump while it's filling sounds like a boring waste of time, but you gotta do it without auto-shutoff. Not even a piss break!

FWIW I have an Air Venturi hand pump and a Hill MK5. The Air Venturi was cheaper and it's just as good if not better than the Hill. Even though it doesn't have that probably useless moisture filtration system.
I plan to keep an eye on the compressor at all times when running. I know what heat can do to it. I have worked on enough cars, tractors and aircraft that i trust nothing with an "auto" shutoff. I constantly watch both gauges.lol kinda like checkimg mirrows while driving. Fills any of my guns from 2000psi to 3000 in 2min and 4min to get to 4300. Much better than hand pumping already. Lol, i fill in the bathroom most of the timeand never planto run more than 4 minutes at a time. Plus you can just flip the switch and let the fans run.