• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Air Venturi Tune-In-A-Tube Airgun Lubricant

From what I'm told it's the same stuff as Almagard 3752. Its red and very sticky. I purchased a sleeve of the Almagard 3752 and played with it. I don't use tar because it's a pita to work with and makes the gun very temperature sensitive. I've had guns sent to me that were "Lube tuned" with tar and other lubes. Often the lube doesn't stay put and slings on the compression tube walls, overloading the piston seal's wiping abilities. The ensuing dieseling often burns out the piston seal in time.

My experience and tests with the Almagard showed it did quell the last hints of twang in the test gun initially. The velocities dropped as the extra lube slowed the gun. In time the velocities and twang returned and the gun started to diesel as it burned off the slung out grease.

I started using the Almagard sparingly like I do other lubes and it is an excellent lubricant but like the tar, it is very temp sensitive. I've decided to stay with the more viscous tan lube Vortek used to supply in their kits. I've never had a problem with it when used in moderation. I also use Krytox occasionally on guns with compromised compression tubes to eliminate excessive dieseling.

In short twang should be controlled with a set of proper sized spring guides and lubricant should be kept to lubrication purposes. Typically less is more. I'm constantly getting "tuned" guns with tons of grease and burnt out piston seals. Also fwiw excessive dieseling also shortens spring life.

This is my experience YMMV

From what I'm told it's the same stuff as Almagard 3752. Its red and very sticky. I purchased a sleeve of the Almagard 3752 and played with it. I don't use tar because it's a pita to work with and makes the gun very temperature sensitive. I've had guns sent to me that were "Lube tuned" with tar and other lubes. Often the lube doesn't stay put and slings on the compression tube walls, overloading the piston seal's wiping abilities. The ensuing dieseling often burns out the piston seal in time.

My experience and tests with the Almagard showed it did quell the last hints of twang in the test gun initially. The velocities dropped as the extra lube slowed the gun. In time the velocities and twang returned and the gun started to diesel as it burned off the slung out grease.

I started using the Almagard sparingly like I do other lubes and it is an excellent lubricant but like the tar, it is very temp sensitive. I've decided to stay with the more viscous tan lube Vortek used to supply in their kits. I've never had a problem with it when used in moderation. I also use Krytox occasionally on guns with compromised compression tubes to eliminate excessive dieseling.

In short twang should be controlled with a set of proper sized spring guides and lubricant should be kept to lubrication purposes. Typically less is more. I'm constantly getting "tuned" guns with tons of grease and burnt out piston seals. Also fwiw excessive dieseling also shortens spring life.

This is my experience YMMV
Thankyou , maybe i should just take apart and clean , decide if i need a kit to tune ?

Thankyou , maybe i should just take apart and clean , decide if i need a kit to tune ?
Ya, not like you cant do that and test it around then decide on somthing else.. maybe give you a better idea on what really needs to be done . Just a good clean and lube can do wonders.

Reactions: PEP3 and beerthief
i always thought that--Tune In A Tube--looked like--Red N Tacky--
and at one point there was an old poster on the Yellow that used the Red all the time
for those who think the red grease is nonsense you might want to read this about a third of the page down
if Tom says it good i tend to believe him

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2022/05/the-tools-you-need-lubricants-part-three/
You remember that time Ole Godfather Tom squirted a new FWB Sport full of gear oil?

I do.

Follow blindly I guess..

Reactions: PEP3
i always thought that--Tune In A Tube--looked like--Red N Tacky--
and at one point there was an old poster on the Yellow that used the Red all the time
for those who think the red grease is nonsense you might want to read this about a third of the page down
if Tom says it good i tend to believe him

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2022/05/the-tools-you-need-lubricants-part-three/
Yes but he doesn't elaborate on his testing and its correct usage. He's mostly going by hearsay. As much as I admire Tom Gaylord, I've tested the Almagard 3752 extensively and have had the joy of fixing several "Lube Tuned" rifles. Just because something has been done that way by lots of people for a long time doesn't mean it can't be improved. "Lube Tuning" is an old hack that no professional tuner does anymore.

Don't get me wrong lube tuning will quell spring noise but it will be temporary at best and likely lead to parts eating dieseling. If you only shoot a tin a pellets a year through the gun, it will last you a few years. If you shoot a tin a week it won't last half a year before twang comes back and is dieseling.

Do it right if you gonna do it.

Reactions: drpietrzak
the gun shoots great , power is perfect ,it is just a noisy spring , still i guess a take apart and cleaning is the best idea .
a first for me to do .
I think it don't hurt to go in and clean and freshen up the guts periodically.. i think after a certain amount of duty time + any dirt/ dust works up under the stock and in the tube area the libe collects that and get a little broke down.

Kinda like a changing your oil in the car thing.

Reactions: beerthief