• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air venturi not starting?

Yes, I changed the fuse from the old to a replacement that was sent and also bought another from pyramid air. All the fuses are good, just for some reason the fuse light is not lit. I'm not getting any vdc or ac readings whatsoever turned on with cooling system running. Only readings I'm getting is the continuity lol. Does that make sense?

The fuse light should only illuminate when the fuse is burnt out. You can test its function by removing the fuse and verifying that it illuminates.

GsT

Wow. No joke that worked. Lifted one side (side with fan/wires etc) about an inch and dropped and compressor now runs! I guess sometimes unconventional is the way to go. Appreciate everyone's help especially TMH for his long in depth replies. I definitely understand the compressor more that I went through this. You guys were unbelievably helpful, thanks so much! 

Reactions: beerthief
Ok. Now that I got the compressor running, I tried filling up a tank and air is escaping for the top nut in the photo. I have extra gaskets if thats the problem, just not sure.

20210308_151850.1615234937.jpg

Great that you got it running! Odoyle comes through again with his eminently practical solutions!

I believe that the top bolt in the photo above would have a burst disk under it. Try tightening further, and if still leaking take the bolt out and see if there is a brass colored disk behind it, maybe with a hole through its center (if it gave way due to an over-pressure event). Or maybe if no hole - does it have any teflon or other seal rings on either or both sides of it?

BTW - compressors which come with burst disks installed normally provide a couple of extra ones in the spare parts bag.

Just tried that. Fuse light does not turn on when no fuse is present

The way those work is basically to put an LED (and current-limiting resistor) in parallel with the fuse. With a working fuse, the LED is short circuited, so it won't light. If the fuse burns out, all voltage drops across LED/resistor, lighting the LED and allowing only modest (<20mA) current to flow. Could be a defective holder, or it could be that your problem revolves around a poor return connection - that would prevent the LED from lighting in either case. Now that it's working you might pull the fuse and check the LED again - it if lights this time, you'll know that the issue is in the return side of the circuit.

GsT

Edit: typo

UNCONVENTIONAL YES-

If all else fails I would lift one end up ONE INCH off of the floor while power is switched on and let it drop doing it couple times like tapping a starter or sticky alternator.. Who knows maybe a stuck relay you can't get into.

This also solved my problem. I've had this compressor for a couple of years but have only used it a couple of times. I went to refill my bottles this afternoon but no fan, no compressor. I read the manual, broke out the multi-meter, got the screwdriver and bit ready, then Googled and this thread came up. I had been wondering if the relay was stuck, was going to pull panels off and start tapping, but saw this post, went over to the compressor and gave the 1" drop a try. A couple of times and the cooling fan started, and then the compressor started. Saved me a lot of time and effort!

A lazy way to "beat it until it works!" Thanks!

This also solved my problem. I've had this compressor for a couple of years but have only used it a couple of times. I went to refill my bottles this afternoon but no fan, no compressor. I read the manual, broke out the multi-meter, got the screwdriver and bit ready, then Googled and this thread came up. I had been wondering if the relay was stuck, was going to pull panels off and start tapping, but saw this post, went over to the compressor and gave the 1" drop a try. A couple of times and the cooling fan started, and then the compressor started. Saved me a lot of time and effort!

A lazy way to "beat it until it works!" Thanks!
Ha - my Air Venturi compressor has been gathering dust for a year and a half because the compressor would not start up - tried the drop the 1 inch trick - started like a charm - the experience on this board is worth a lot of bucks!