Air Venturi Nomad ll won't build pressure

I have air Venturi Nomad ll that I purchased a year-and-a-half ago, (now out of warranty), I only have about two and a half hours of run time on it. Compressor suddenly lost ability to pressurize over approximately 50 or 60 PSI. Both fans and pump would run. Called air Venturi technical support and they said take it apart and see if anything is leaking or I could send it back to them. Told their labor rate was $69 an hour plus the shipping. I decided to take the pump apart and I did find one of the small back pressure valve springs was broke. I used a new one from the kit that came with the compressor to replace it, cleaned everything up and put it back together. I still had the same issue. Pressure would build to just 50 or 60 PSI with the pump continuing to run. I disassembled it a second time rechecking everything and could not find anything that appeared out of order. I reassembled it and tried it again but this time it would run for about 5 Seconds and the pump would stop. I could turn it on again and the same thing would happen, it would run for about five seconds and shut off. After trying several times it ran but only built up the pressure to 50 or 60 PSI. After spending almost $700 for this pump I hate to throw it away. I do have a call into pyramyd Air technical support to see if they have any ideas. I also have a order in for the main seals for the low and high pressure side even though the ones that were in there didn't look to have any problem.

Has anyone else had these symptoms with their pump and if so was there a solution?

Can't help you cause the symptoms mine had after six months when it went was KA BOOM. AV support was great and I got a new one.

You have hit upon the main drawback for the Nomad II. No FACTORY support, only AV. As a matter of fact I don't even know the name of the factory and probably no one else does. No service manual, no videos, a shoddy parts schematic, no nothing except as you stated a phone conversation with AV. Don't get me wrong the AV people were great to me, but then again mine was under warranty and I wasn't trying to fix it myself.

With the Hill EC3000 that AV sells it is a different matter. In addition to talking to the distributor, AV, you can contact Hill directly for support. Also they have put out videos on how to correct problems that have arose with their unit and now have a service/repair manual out. The manual leaves things out, like torque values, but at least its something and pretty well written.

Even the high end units will break at some point. Along with that high end price almost always come excellent reliability and support. The units we are talking about, cheaper less reliable, are the ones that really need a good support system.

Here is your chance @ you tube. Make a video of tear down. You'll get input.
I think , respectfully, you dont fully understand the internal workings of the unit. ( not that I do)
Its hard to fix when you don't understand the failure point. You obviously have an internal valve of some sort open
Nothing to lose, keep looking and good luck.

The starting and stopping after you had it apart is probably due to slop in the re-assembly of the cylinder and head. There's enough play that you can have binding on the piston as you tighten the 4 head bolts and it'll feel ok until it runs for a few seconds. I actually burned out the control board on my Tuxing (same compressor) trying to run it like that and they replaced the board under warranty. You can rotate the crankshaft with an allen wrench while snugging down the bolts and this will allow everything to align properly and the compressor to run. Don't forget lube. Also, the older production could have a problem with cracking at the coiled section on the HP line between the cylinder head and air output block - I've had to replace two. Newer lines are somewhat longer and don't have to be stretched quite as much on installation.