• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi/Ninja 90 cu in new tank valve?

I have an Air Venturi (that is supposed to be the same as Ninja) 90 cu in tank that I bought from Pyramyd a couple of years ago. It is regulated to 2900 psi. I want to do away with the reg so that I can fill a gun beyond 2900 psi if I want. Pyramyd says I need a new valve and fill hose assy, or another $160 or so. The threads on the bottle, according to Pyramyd, are 5/8 UNF or 5/8-18. If the bottle threads were the more common M18x1.5, there would be a lot of options, but at 5/8 UNF I can't see any cheap way to get this done. Any suggestions appreciated.

I own a Ninja 90 cu-in CF tank with Ninja EZ valve. I cannot recommend this valve enough -- dual gauges so no need to dead head and waste air, a built in check valve on the neck so no need to do the tank/compressor mating dance, no need to open the valve to fill the tank or back-fill through the valve, a microbore hose, and it's slow fill. I'd buy another in a heart beat.

I'm looking at mine right now and the valve is indeed marked 5/8-18

No idea about this seller but here it is for $160 w/free shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ninja-Paintball-EZ-Unregulated-PCP-Fill-Valve-Adjustable-For-Air-Rifle-NEW/124075548260?hash=item1ce37a9e64:g:szMAAOSwL29ePbrW

No worries, I wasn't sure your ceiling budget, so wanted to recommend it from experience. Thank you for taking the time to respond -- sadly I've not seen them much cheaper they tend to hover around $150-$160 from all sellers I have seen. I recall spending $399 on the bottle and valve combo so it looks like a substantial chunk of the cost is the valve.

I with LMNOP on this one. I have a AV 90 tank with the 2900 valve. Good for the pistols, but doesn’t get used otherwise. I also have a Ninja 70 tank with the EZ valve. It’s the cats azz. I use it more than any of my other tanks except for tethering. Works good as a weekend charger for my squirrel rifles. Also makes a nice top-off filler for my bigbore. With out spending the money for a new fill station and valve. You might be better off trading your AV tank or selling it and buying the Ninja tank. Watch the forums or evenEbay for deals.