Air Venturi Krypton Compressor

Today I placed an order for a brand new Air Venturi Krypton 4500 psi compressor, oil, more filters, etc...after "doing my homework" which means that after spending about a hundred hours reading reviews on everything else available, I chose to go with this one. And in my 10 years of experience with Pyramyd Air I can attest to the fact that their customer service is fantastic! The few times I ever had a problem with a gun they solved it right quick...as a matter of fact, I can still remember Boris from their service department spending two hours on the phone with me to teach me how to disassemble my Sumatra .25 to clear a jam from double loading it! It was that experience that gave me the "no more fear" attitude towards fixing and tuning air rifles for myself and many, many others over the years. Pyramyd Air stands behind what they sell...nuff said!
One big thing to consider in purchasing from Pyramyd Air is parts accessability and repair should they be required someday...
All the best, Chuck Peffley

Hey Chuck, it's been a while. Congrats on the new compressor. I have it's predecessor, the AV 4500. I think I got it back in 2018. I'd like to say it's been trouble free but what compressor from China is. I've replaced the armature after it snapped the shaft, just got through replacing the crank case housing after it cracked at the motor and now waiting a high-pressure cylinder that should be here tomorrow. Hopefully that'll get it back to compressing again. Looking forward to seeing how you like it your new one. I think they boast some performance improvements. Curious how they got that.. I really haven't read or watched anything on it yet. Stacey, Jordan and Ted in the AirVenturi service dept have been great to work with and like you mentioned, having a place to order the parts is priceless. One recommendation would probably be to stock up on the high pressure second stage seals that are crazy high dollar. Hopefully someday, someone will find a cheaper replacement. Keep us posted,
JK

i have a friend that also has its predecessor and its been going strong since 2020,
he dont really fill big tanks but the smaller scba's he does all the time and direct to guns.
he is probably going to go all in for the krypton as soon as he reads some reviews and looks here for any info. he is a lurker here, not a member yet......thanks for this thread !!

Mr. King, yes it has been awhile since I visited this forum and thank you for the welcome back...it seems I lose interest in things sometimes and then eventually circle back around and get back to it.
So far this new machine is working flawlessly...I just have to remember to close the pressure relief valve before starting a fill. I filled all four of my scba tanks and it didn't miss a beat. As a matter of fact, just a few minutes ago I just received a package from UPS with the "Air Venturi Dry Air Intake Filter For Air Venturi 4500 psi Compressor"...it removes the moisture from the air going into the compressor...I forgot to order when I ordered the machine.
I will keep you guys posted on the performance of my new Krypton as time goes by...my only regret is waiting so long to finally get my own compressor so I don't have to drive clear across town and back to get my tanks filled...I hated having to do that. Its especially important if you work on your own guns or work on guns for friends like I do, because you go through a lot of air when doing so.
All the best, Chuck
PY-A-7906

20240116_153436.jpg

Ok, I just got my new Air Venturi Dry Air Intake Filter installed - the directions say to replace the dessicant every 6 hours depending on humidity levels in your area...so I went to Pyramyd and found the dessicant replacement packages cost over $7.00 each...:unsure: so I went on Google and found dry air dessicant beads for far less money! As a matter of fact I found one brand of silica gel beads that can be regenerated by placing them in the oven at 250 degrees for 2 hours, or in the microwave oven for 10 minutes on the "Defrost" setting...and there are many other brands of silica gel beads for sale in bulk for way less than those little packages from Pyramyd...:cool:

Chuckster, that air intake filter using tan beads is a total marketing joke. You were smart to figure out that tan desiccant media beads aren't best in air intakes. They are designed to remove residual moisture under extreme pressure. They last much longer if there is a water separator tower before the compressed air even enters the final moisture filter in a high end compressor. Silica gel beads are a better substitute for intake filters and the color change feature is a bonus. It only takes around 15 minutes in a toaster oven at 250 degrees to recharge them. Spread the silica beads out in a flat pan one layer deep. Your compressor will probably work just as effectively without an intake filter. It is a Chinese compressor marketing gimmick aimed to sell compressors rather than improve them. Air Venturi compressors don't use the best metallurgy and the components that are exposed to water vapor corrode fairly quickly.