Air Venturi (Hill) MK5 Hand Pump

I have a Hill MK4 that I use mainly with my Leshiy 1 and Mutant while hunting in the mountains. Wanted to get a second hand pump and spare rebuild parts for peace of mind, but when I saw the MK5 in stock on AGD/PA - I placed an order. 

With that said, I wanted to see if anyone else has either used one or (fingers crossed) can tell me if they're better / worse than the MK4's. Do they feel like an improvement over the previous model?

Be careful about the water. Every time I used my Mk3 a little water mixed with silicone grease and wear particles were expelled after I loosened the bleed screw. This is before I added a large > 1QT pressurized desiccant filter before the input to the pump. Now usually get no water filling a small 90ci tank from 3000 to 4500 without bleeding from start to finish. I recently filled the tank from empty to full and I got a small amount of water from the bleed valve. I won't do that again and will only fill 1/3 of the tank before bleeding in the future.

I just received my Hill MK5 yesterday. Pumped up my Brocock bantam HR to 250 BAR no problem. Never had a MK4 so can't compare.

Nice!!! That has a 480cc bottle, right? How long did it take roughly?

Yes it has a 480cc bottle. I started at 80 bar and did 100 pumps waited 15 mins then 80 pumps wait 15 min then 54 to finish it off. So 234 total. I'd say the time actually pumping was ~ 10 min with the 15 min breaks to allow the pump to cool. The next time I shot I am going to stop at 150 bar and see how many pumps to fill. Will post an update then.

723D81B0-AA61-4A01-AD78-53CC7E970A16.1605306225.jpeg

It arrived! Gave it a quick test, and it seems to be a little slower than my MK4. I recall there being a small break-in period though with my old one, but it took around double the pumps to get it up to my Leshiy's fill pressure (250bar).

After hitting 250, I was able to fill it to just under 300bar with relative ease. I say relative, because this one feels a little more efficient than the MK4 (outputs more high pressure air with slightly less effort).