• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Hill EC-3000 Issues

I had a go at the compressor this weekend and I found a few items of interest

Looks like this o-ring is bad

PXL_20210828_180848340.1630187086.jpg

I emailed Hill to see if they have a rebuilt kit for this compressor, Hopefully they do.......

There you go. Sure beats paying for shipping back and forth to let Air Venturi fix it. You need to examine where all the check valves are to make sure no debris is sticking in any of them. That bullet valve is easy to reach and the other two are just the ball bearing type. As the video indicates, any garbage blocking one will cause problems. I don't like the fact that a $1200 compressor uses rubber o-rings that disintegrated like yours did in such a short time. That's not reassuring as to their long term durability. At least from the video it isn't brain surgery to reach them like it is in an Omega compressor.

Keep us posted.

Got a followup from hill....

Hi Bob,

Apologies for the late reply – we had a Monday bank holiday here.

Yep, that final stage (green) O-ring definitely needs replacing, and I’d say the black one underneath it might as well be replaced too. Everything else in the photos looks normal. I think it might still be worth checking the second stage ball valve since this can sometimes suffer when the final stage isn’t pulling it’s weight. If the valve ball is <4.5mm diameter it needs replacing.

Can you check the bore of the cylinder to see if the piston has scraped it? Sometimes when a seal extrudes asymmetrically, it can push the piston to one side and it rubs cylinder bore (in normal operation the piston floats, riding on the seals without any metal-on-metal contact. It would be useful to use a small LED torch to see it properly if you have one.

I’ll prepare a spares kit for you.

Kind regards,

Ben Kardoosh

Reactions: Goldwing
Followup again.....

I contacted Ben at Hill again and pre his suggestion ,Last night I completely stripped down the compressor again and inspected every part.

When I reassembled it ,I used a light coat of silicone grease on all the o-rings and valve balls.

Yahoooooo!!!! For now it has solved the problem, The compressor starts up again under pressure after cooling down .

Ben at Hill Pumps was a big help in resolving this issue.

Thank everyone here for your help as well .

Reactions: Goldwing
I know this is an old thread, but my Hill EC-300 failed today. A similar situation, but different problem. I was filling my Crown's 480cc tank and it was taking a while to fill and went into the pause to cool cycle. At first I was depressurizing as it cooled, but was experiencing the same symptoms as OP in that it would pause to cool just as it got back to the pressure it was at when it paused during the last cycle. I decided to try and let it just start up again without depressurizing, and this caused it to stall and shut down. But now, it's dead and the display doesn't even appear when switched on. It's like it's not getting any power at all even though I know the oputlet has power to it. Was there any sort of internal breaker or fuse you had to reset or replce to get it to power back on?

There are 2 fuse in the EC-3000..
One is internal on the controller circuit board.
The second one is located on the Power switch/power plug-in unit..
There is a small cover between the Switch and the plug for power cord!
20230210_131341.jpg

Use a jeweller's screwdriver to pop it off!!
**edit ..Took a better photo of the fuse access cover**
Good Luck,

Last edited: