Air venturi compressor took a dump, not sure what i should do about it. Open to suggestions

I think the motor if faulty now. Any ideas?
They're a ton of money to ship. It isn't under warranty. Debating whether to try to fix it or scrap it and get something else. It's about 5 or so years old. Has new oil, and enough of it. High pressure piston rings were just replaced. when it failed it threw the breaker. When working, it's never done that before.

I think the motor if faulty now. Any ideas?
They're a ton of money to ship. It isn't under warranty. Debating whether to try to fix it or scrap it and get something else. It's about 5 or so years old. Has new oil, and enough of it. High pressure piston rings were just replaced. when it failed it threw the breaker. When working, it's never done that before.

watching your videos it sounds like possibly either the pressure cut off switch is not working correctly.. or a bad electrical connection.. was the last video under load .. if so try running it free flow air so it's not working hard.. id be interested in seeing how it did..
don't know where you are, but if you were anywhere near me, I'd gladly check it out.. especially if we could do some shooting.
Mark

Reactions: JoePolanco
watching your videos it sounds like possibly either the pressure cut off switch is not working correctly.. or a bad electrical connection.. was the last video under load .. if so try running it free flow air so it's not working hard.. id be interested in seeing how it did..
don't know where you are, but if you were anywhere near me, I'd gladly check it out.. especially if we could do some shooting.
Mark
It does the same thing even when not under load

Oh dang, that might have something to do with it right there🫨

ok I have removed the pistons and the crankshaft counterweight, and the 3 bolts that secure the crank case to the motor and it still won't come off. The case spins around but won't come off. I tried to run the motor in this state and it just immediately throws the breaker. So I'm thinking it might be motor AND crank case. Basically as effed as it can be. Update ok got the crank case off and motor still doesnt qork, its shot
20230904_132842.jpg

20230904_130223.jpg
20230904_132610.jpg

Last edited:
Oh dang, that might have something to do with it right there🫨

ok I have removed the pistons and the crankshaft counterweight, and the 3 bolts that secure the crank case to the motor and it still won't come off. The case spins around but won't come off. I tried to run the motor in this state and it just immediately throws the breaker. So I'm thinking it might be motor AND crank case. Basically as effed as it can be. Update ok got the crank case off and motor still doesnt qork, its shotView attachment 386157
View attachment 386156View attachment 386160
Sounds very much like you've got an electrical short somewhere in the system. That's not a surprise as as these things get old they vibrate and they wear off insulation on some of the wiring and presto you got a short and the short of course throws the breaker.

In truth shipping and repair are a far cheaper option than replacement. If you use a company like shippo or pirate ship then you'll save a lot of money on shipping and a repair is generally about 250 bucks if you send it to air Venturi. Of course you'll be without a compressor for 6 to 8 weeks. But all in all it'll cost you half of what a new tuxing TXED 032 would cost. And of course, if it's just an electrical short it may not even cost you that much.

Yeah I am gonna call them and see. I did already buy another bit it's a cs4 and has some features that will be nice to have regardless of if I keep my old one and fix it or not. I suppose it if just return the motor and they send it and a new crank case that could he doable bitnots pretty disappointing that a failure like that could happen in the first place