• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Carbon Fiber Tank

I have an Air Venturi carbon fiber tank with the regulated fill station. I've had to rebuild the regulator a couple of times which is a PIA. I really like the 88 cubic inch bottle and would like to fit it with a simple unregulated on/off valve and fill hose. I believe the bottle has a 5/8-18 thread, can someone point me to an unregulated replacement valve & hose?

Thanks guys.

Parallax, Did you get a replacement regulator from Joe B? Was it difficult to swap it out? I too have an AV tank/regulator. Was initially disappointed as it was only filling to about 2700 psi. I found out this is within their advertised +/- 10% tolerance on the regulator. I was looking to replace the regulator but ended up re-shimming the AV to get 3000 psi output. I'm happy for now but still considering a Joe B regulator if the AV displays any issues. 

Hello Signal3. I ended up sending the AV regulator to PA for warranty/service and while that was happening, I picked up an unregulated valve from Airhog. Th Airhog valve was easy to install but it leaks too. I miss the regulated pressure output of the AV valve so I will probably shim it (same as you) to get 3000 psi & reinstall.

I am kicking myself for not taking Hynzie & AGFAN's advice.

A little trial and error to hit the 3k output. Purchased a regulator shim kit and replaced the stock single shim with a slightly thicker red shim. Output jumped to over 3k--I had to manually close valve at 3k when filling. Then shimmed with two of the silver shims and hit 3k output spot on. Your results WILL vary as the little AV/ninja valves obviously have wide variances in the stock output/spring pack.