• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Bolts in Bulldog question

So, I have a great crossbow already but have been toying with the idea of getting those .357 Air Venturi bolts for use in my bulldog. Here’s the thing:

Would I be able to keep my Donny Emperor attached while using the air bolts? It’s what, 10” long? That would effectively reduce the barrel length by 10”.

Being quiet is paramount because when me and my sons hunt we’re usually in 2 stands and a ground blind approximately 150-200yds from each other and there have been instances where all 3 of us have had deer within range at the same time. This is no problem with compound/x-bows because waiting for good shot placement means the deer hardly go 15-20yds before crashing. I heard my son slock one and about 2 minutes later a buck I was watching came in to about 20 yds and o got him as well.....it was a good day!

I'm concerned that the noise from the bulldog without the Donny will spook any other deer within a few hundred yds.

So, I have a great crossbow already but have been toying with the idea of getting those .357 Air Venturi bolts for use in my bulldog. Here’s the thing:

Would I be able to keep my Donny Emperor attached while using the air bolts? It’s what, 10” long? That would effectively reduce the barrel length by 10”.

Being quiet is paramount because when me and my sons hunt we’re usually in 2 stands and a ground blind approximately 150-200yds from each other and there have been instances where all 3 of us have had deer within range at the same time. This is no problem with compound/x-bows because waiting for good shot placement means the deer hardly go 15-20yds before crashing. I heard my son slock one and about 2 minutes later a buck I was watching came in to about 20 yds and o got him as well.....it was a good day!

I'm concerned that the noise from the bulldog without the Donny will spook any other deer within a few hundred yds.

1st small word of caution, Most states to my knowledge that allows Airguns to be used does not include the Airbow as an Archery Device, For example in Texas I can hunt with an Air Bow it is only during Fire Arm season, Other states has been adopting a law that will allow the use of the Air Bow for Handicap but you will want to double check 

These bolts are made of Carbon Fiber You need to be cautious of a moderator that may scare or scratch the bolts as it will severely weaken the bolt and could cause it to break during firing

Not sure if Donny has an scrubber at the last stage of the air chamber but the way the bolts are made they could knock it out the foam air seal will scrape across the edges