• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

?Air Venturi Avenger?

My only complaint is my rifle doesn't hold air. So after 24hrs, the air reservoir is completely empty and the poppet occasionally needs to be reseated. It might be worth doing a long term leak check at some point. I have a 4 stage 400 bar hand pump, and it is some effort, but I can pump it to 250bar if I need that much air. How hand pump friendly it is comes down to careful tuning. You can get 50 good hunting shots with good tuning, or 15-20 shots with poor tuning.

That is a normal issue that plagued it's Nova Liberty predessor. Replacement OEM factory parts may have similar issues since its the same part and material. I am waiting for a gen2 Avenger to purchase with that valve and poppet issue already addessed and made heavy duty. Rather surprising the factory would set the reg really high to start.

If I had the current Avenger I would back the regulator down to it's minimum and shoot lowest velocity possible within reason to extend its trouble free life but that's just me knowing what may happen cranking it up which in turn may be drastically shortening it's life by a lot hammering and squashing the valve poppet. I would also only fill it to 3000psi max. Just to be proactive and not wanting to mail it in and down time and out of pocket shipping and insurance expense for warranty swap. Down time and out of pocket shipping and insurance on a $299 gun adds up every time it gets mailed back for warranty and of course the wait time. I am not sure they got the parts to repair it either and hopefully it's not a disposable gun like the Liberty and are worth fixing in the dealers eyes.

It's Hammer Time...

I would call or PM Thammer Troy Hammer for the better replacement part. You may need a weaker spring too.

I would add a larger plenum so the reg can be set at lower pressure thus possibly extending its overall useable life.

Start from 53:00.

https://youtu.be/yHhMJxPzwq4

The DAR (GEN2) has an improved valve and poppet.

Check recent posts about the DAR as a possible nicer wood stocked slightly cheaper alternative and 75 yard groups look pretty good too. They did a recall for their original Gen1 with the weak valve poppet prone to failure to all their customers and replaced them with the new improved GEN2s. That's gotta tell you something.

I'm waiting for an improved GEN2 Avenger after their valve and poppet issue is resolved as well.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/my-dar-gen-2-25-came-in-today/

The great part about the avenger is that it is so consistent, you can pump it to whatever you want as long as it is above the regulated pressure and it only affects your shot count. I hve a hill pump and I usually pump mine to 3500-4000 psi and I get plenty of consistent shots, and that is in .25. These are a great gun for twice the price and seem to work very well. I think I would do better with a .22 though. The .25 is a bit more than I need. 

I just pump my .177 to 3000 PSI, but its accuracy is fine going way way lower too. You don't have to go that high; if you don't, you'll have to pump more often is all. Either way, a rifle's top-end PSI doesn't mean much if you don't care whether you get there or not, and I don't.

I'm getting the .177 this week. What pressure do you recommend the regulator be set at? I'm hand pumping for now so looking to set the reg out of the box.

Thanks, actually read the manual for a first....

I'm going to try around 1400 psi, but once received shoot it a full reg pressure to see how it behaves. I can afford to take the reg pressure down a bit, since I'm mostly interested in pigeon removal around a horse barn my wife frequents. The lower pressure will be fine as the targets are like sitting ducks, err... pigeons espectially on the roof line and in the hay barn rafters. I will quiet it down with a DonnyFL adapter and a Tatsu, and the lower pressure will help me refrain from going throught the metal roof, just in case I miss one. Also using wadcutters to help on that potential issue. Looking forward to it. 

I put the Donny FL adapter for a silencer on mine to align the barrel to the shroud. I don't currently plan to put on a silencer but will it gets too noisy when I turn the regulator up. There is a silencer test on a lower power tune where the unsilenced gun was only about 80db and the silencers only reduced it a dp or two. I am not sure an Avenger at lower power settings needs a silencer. The shrouded barrel may work just fine.