Tuning Air Venturi Avenger upgrade/mod help

Reidy, my .22 Avenger , is an original , that is now a Dana( Idaho), Haji , BuckRail collaboration tactical dressed out model. I'm not one for getting into the innards of any of my guns, turning screws on the outside is as far as my " tunes " go for me anymore ! I 'm intrigued w/ your mods detailed here. Q , what is the benefit of the lighter spring ?
Im down to get into my gun as long as there is a good video on it, If thats what it takes to get that fpe then so be it imma tear it apart save my self the funds so I dont have to step up to the next line of quality in precision type air rifles like avenger would be the fx guns and Imma pass on those for now id rather have a hatsan blitz or some aea semi auto foldable guns take in the backpack. I was thinking maybe upgrading to senica eagle claw but I seen 100 fpe possible for avenger an I dont know bout the eagle claw yeah its lever action, But its lot more pricey
The only thing i have to say is find someone who knows the Avenger inside and out just in case you get yourself in a jam. I and many have been there,lol, Remember,, the more power means more air used. I shoot tethered. The numbers i show here are non tethered. Just remember,,,,, you working with high psi!!!!! SAFETY IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!, It is fun to tinker

View attachment 359727
Dang only 3 max power shots though wonder what the psi was at on that

Im down to get into my gun as long as there is a good video on it, If thats what it takes to get that fpe then so be it imma tear it apart save my self the funds so I dont have to step up to the next line of quality in precision type air rifles like avenger would be the fx guns and Imma pass on those for now id rather have a hatsan blitz or some aea semi auto foldable guns take in the backpack. I was thinking maybe upgrading to senica eagle claw but I seen 100 fpe possible for avenger an I dont know bout the eagle claw yeah its lever action, But its lot more pricey

Dang only 3 max power shots though wonder what the psi was at on that
I'm not sure but i think towards the end he says what its at.

What will it take to make my 22 shot slugs efficiently?

I was thinking the "Big 3"
Plenum 10cc
Transfer and barrel port
OEM valve port and light spring
Mine has the AE Swede plenum, and the factory reg is set at like 1600psi I think. Like Heavy-Impact suggests, I just used light weight slugs to get the speed I wanted without pushing things too hard. I would try some Nielsen 17.5g or some of the lighter H&N or the FX slugs before doing any drilling. You might be shocked at how well a mostly stock Avenger does with the tiny slugs. But dont expect it do fling the heavier slugs at fast velocities. While the platform has great power potential, its not going to be able to keep up with the big kids.

Reactions: eddyprado
Mine has the AE Swede plenum, and the factory reg is set at like 1600psi I think. Like Heavy-Impact suggests, I just used light weight slugs to get the speed I wanted without pushing things too hard. I would try some Nielsen 17.5g or some of the lighter H&N or the FX slugs before doing any drilling. You might be shocked at how well a mostly stock Avenger does with the tiny slugs. But dont expect it do fling the heavier slugs at fast velocities. While the platform has great power potential, its not going to be able to keep up with the big kids.
You'd be surprised. I've supplied parts to people that have got over 100ft/lbs out of their .25's.... though I will admit that they needed to back it off to 70's and 80's to dial in the accuracy with the OE barrel.

You'd be surprised. I've supplied parts to people that have got over 100ft/lbs out of their .25's.... though I will admit that they needed to back it off to 70's and 80's to dial in the accuracy with the OE barrel.
Yeah I kind of wish I had bought a 25 Cal instead because of the power potential. But in 22 Cal the upper limit is much lower, and the barrel twist isnt quite good enough for the heavy slugs.

Yeah I kind of wish I had bought a 25 Cal instead because of the power potential. But in 22 Cal the upper limit is much lower, and the barrel twist isnt quite good enough for the heavy slugs.
The 1:18 twist should be fine for slugs, it's the odd choke in the OE barrels that's the problem.

I make LW barrels for the Avenger / Avenge X that have a 1:17.7 twist and no choke and they stabilize slugs just fine. Customers have been shooting 40 and 50 grain slugs (.25 cal again) accurately.

The 1:18 twist should be fine for slugs, it's the odd choke in the OE barrels that's the problem.

I make LW barrels for the Avenger / Avenge X that have a 1:17.7 twist and no choke and they stabilize slugs just fine. Customers have been shooting 40 and 50 grain slugs (.25 cal again) accurately.
Do you buy your blanks from LW USA and is the land and groove diameter in .215/.221 in .22? Poly or standard?
I have one of their no choke poly blanks that I haven't fit yet so what diameter slug works well in these? It's my first poly barrel so any tips are appreciated.

Last edited:
Do you buy your blanks from LW USA and is the land and groove diameter in .215/.221 in .22? Poly or standard?
I have one of their no choke poly blanks that I haven't fit yet so what diameter slug works well in these? It's my first poly barrel so any tips are appreciated.
I do buy direct from LW.

Yes, that's the stats given for the .22 barrel.

I don't know what slugs work best. I don't have time to shoot. I'm either at work, with my family or in my basement making stuff.

Sorry, I'm not much help in that regard.