Tuning Air Venturi Avenger upgrade/mod help

I do this work if you dont feel confident enough. I drill the transfer port to 1/4" which removes all threads, make a larger (7mm) setscrew fit the lighter spring and enlarge the valve to 5.8mm from 5.4mm to increase air flow. I then put everything back together and pressure test before sending back. $75hr - 2-1/2 hours.

I recently did this work in a .25 action and with a 16cc plenum and just a small amount of testing, it's putting out 76ft/lbs right now. We pretty sure there's more in it but he's having add on regulator issues. It's only putting out 2200psi when it should be 3000psi.
Reidy, my .22 Avenger , is an original , that is now a Dana( Idaho), Haji , BuckRail collaboration tactical dressed out model. I'm not one for getting into the innards of any of my guns, turning screws on the outside is as far as my " tunes " go for me anymore ! I 'm intrigued w/ your mods detailed here. Q , what is the benefit of the lighter spring ?

Reactions: Reidy
Reidy, my .22 Avenger , is an original , that is now a Dana( Idaho), Haji , BuckRail collaboration tactical dressed out model. I'm not one for getting into the innards of any of my guns, turning screws on the outside is as far as my " tunes " go for me anymore ! I 'm intrigued w/ your mods detailed here. Q , what is the benefit of the lighter spring ?
The lighter poppet spring allows the hammer to knock the poppet open a little further, allowing more air through which increases power.

It also means that you can back the hammer off a little to sustain original fpe if you're happy with your current tune.

The lighter poppet spring allows the hammer to knock the poppet open a little further, allowing more air through which increases power.

It also means that you can back the hammer off a little to sustain original fpe if you're happy with your current tune.
Thanks for the reply. Once my AirSpeed comes back from the shop , I’m inclined to get my Avenger to you for tweaking. I’m only a few hrs from you (State College).

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Ready,
My brand new Avenger has a leak. I degassed per O.M. lowerd reg pressure took her to paintball facility and filled to max. By the time I got home 15 mins. It was around 3000 psi. Hour later 2000. I got hold of a fellow Indiana native who has a YouTube channel for Avengers and he gave me suggestions. Only thing I could find was degasser although tight needed an extra umph and a click sound. It's currently holding a 2k . We shall see. Lol. Anyway I to fully intend to use your service. I was going to wait all things being normal and get with you.

I'll see how she shakes out. If not I'm thinking an Origion or JTS Cuda.

Sorry I'm venting...lol

Ready,
My brand new Avenger has a leak. I degassed per O.M. lowerd reg pressure took her to paintball facility and filled to max. By the time I got home 15 mins. It was around 3000 psi. Hour later 2000. I got hold of a fellow Indiana native who has a YouTube channel for Avengers and he gave me suggestions. Only thing I could find was degasser although tight needed an extra umph and a click sound. It's currently holding a 2k . We shall see. Lol. Anyway I to fully intend to use your service. I was going to wait all things being normal and get with you.

I'll see how she shakes out. If not I'm thinking an Origion or JTS Cuda.

Sorry I'm venting...lol
I hope that the degas screw was it. Thanks for considering me. I appreciate it.

I sell more 16cc than any other but the 10cc work too, just now quite as much air (power or efficiency).

I make on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Those I make on Saturday ship that day. So earliest ship date now would be 9-3.

The barrel is the first thing to do and if you do only one tuning mod, that should be it. go as large as you dare. .187" is 85% of caliber but I know people who've gone full caliber and not had issues. You could also go to .187 and slot a little.

I have a bullpup in .22 that I'm going to tune in steps and shoot over the chrono each step to show the changes.
Can you open the barrel tranfer on the bullpup? I really would like to get that fps boost and also get a lighter valve spring if possible on bullpup.

I thought about it... However FX uses a liner/barrel system and those liners in the same caliber as the avenger have much smaller outside diameter than the avenger barrels. You would have to to slip a piece of steel tube over the liner, epoxy it in place, and then have it machined down to fit tightly. But that would come with lots of problems. I just ordered a TJ barrel blank and had it machined to fit my avenger. Much better alternative in my opinion than an FX liner.

46fpe is respectable.

I have a customer / friend / collaborator, now running a .22 bullpup with a plemum I made for it and he's getting into the 60's fpe, that's also with porting done and a bigger valve / poppet.

I also have another friend / customer / collaborator that's getting into the 100's with his .25. He's the second I've now helped achieve .22LR power.
WHAT 100 fpe with avenger thats crazy, Are you telling me I dont need to upgrade guns to run slugs with that kind of muzzle energy. WOW and its 25 cal that will drop a smaller deer sub 150 lb effectively. I want to get my .22 pup into 60 fpe range is there any videos on how to do this stuff I seen avs video on the standard rifle version but I see no videos on the bullpup version reguarding the mods so I never done em Im kinda new to pcps anyway got this thing last summer but im a quick learner an Im trying to get these budget guns shooting the best an hardest I can, The avengers are so accurate my bullpup is getting like some crazy groups with .22 crossman primier hollowpoints I really like the gun its amazing for the price adjustable reg adjustable hammer, fix poi shifting with some mods, And if I can get the power up no need to even go up in guns if the av is doing 95% of the 2000 dollar ones.

The only thing i have to say is find someone who knows the Avenger inside and out just in case you get yourself in a jam. I and many have been there,lol, Remember,, the more power means more air used. I shoot tethered. The numbers i show here are non tethered. Just remember,,,,, you working with high psi!!!!! SAFETY IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!, It is fun to tinker

avenger_25_cal_1024_1.jpg

WHAT 100 fpe with avenger thats crazy, Are you telling me I dont need to upgrade guns to run slugs with that kind of muzzle energy. WOW and its 25 cal that will drop a smaller deer sub 150 lb effectively. I want to get my .22 pup into 60 fpe range is there any videos on how to do this stuff I seen avs video on the standard rifle version but I see no videos on the bullpup version reguarding the mods so I never done em Im kinda new to pcps anyway got this thing last summer but im a quick learner an Im trying to get these budget guns shooting the best an hardest I can, The avengers are so accurate my bullpup is getting like some crazy groups with .22 crossman primier hollowpoints I really like the gun its amazing for the price adjustable reg adjustable hammer, fix poi shifting with some mods, And if I can get the power up no need to even go up in guns if the av is doing 95% of the 2000 dollar ones.
Numiza Airguns has some videos on YouTube. You'll have to go back through his catalog to find them. He only goes as far as using the OE poppet with a slight larger hole, which still adds power. I go bigger and make bigger poppets plus supply heavier hammer springs for when running high reg pressures with the bigger poppet. You can open up the barrel port a bit with a drill but you can get more with a milling machine because you don't need to run on the hole center. You can also drill the transfer port to 1/4" but you'll also need to make a new set screw as you drill out the threads. I do this also.