• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Air Venturi Avenger upgrade/mod help

x2 on the carbide burrs for shaping operations like the oval barrel port. I’ve used files enough to wear out quite a few so I’m no stranger to filing, but $10 erases the drudgery of tasks like this.

I recommend buying a single cut set with coarser teeth if you have experience cutting metal with a rotary tool. They don't load up and they cut faster. It's good to have 1/8" and 1/4".

61E6ikLL4vL._AC_SL1500_[1].jpg

Plenums are - 10cc - $85, 16cc - $100, 25cc - $175 (I know but they're more of a PIA to make). I can throw a spring in with another purchase.

10cc plenum with spring $95.40 all in, out the door, including extra shipping insurance.
Hi I would like to send you my avenger so you can install a 16cc plenum and valve spring as well as open up the barrel port. I’m new to air gun nation as of today and I can’t find any way to private message you for some reason

Reactions: LONESTAR .25
Hi I would like to send you my avenger so you can install a 16cc plenum and valve spring as well as open up the barrel port. I’m new to air gun nation as of today and I can’t find any way to private message you for some reason
You can't send PMs until you have at least 10 posts. It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the forum rules.

That's no problem. You can do that. Get a few more posts on here then you can send me a PM and we can sort out the details.

Those big single cut ones in the pic here are for aluminum so just be careful which you buy. The ones for steel have much smaller flutes.
They're still relatively small and well suited for steel also. They just don't load up with aluminum as easy. I did say "if you have experience cutting metal with a rotary tool." I have more than 40 years experience and prefer the faster cut and non loading attributes.

Reactions: Reidy
I've drilled the threads out of the transfer port. I was going to put a threaded and drilled piece of aluminum bar in the but I feel it's just extra work to restrict it again. I've also drilled the barrel port and polished the hammer.

I've seen someone that polished the contacting surfaces of the washers in the regulator and was getting an average shot spread of just 1 to 2 fps! I'm going to do this soon.

I am the maker of those plenums (alienairgunsupplies) and the listing has been updated with an accurate, calculated volume of 15.75cc. I've had one customer fit one to a stock .25 and he got a 6fps boost without doing a thing. Others reporting being able to drop the regulator pressure by 400psi and still keep the same pellet speed that they're happy with.

I can make them bigger, bit it's about how much you're happy with sticking out the bottom of you're rifle. I'm about to make one that's about 27cc for a customer that already purchased a 15cc one.

I have bought a stock avenger because I don't really have before and after results for myself. I just have to get the time to shoot some groups over the chrony.

Let me know if I can help you out at all.
Reidy, What all service do you provide? Do you have a website? Had an avenger .22 for a couple years now and ready to do some bottle upgrades and some tuning if you are interested?

Reactions: Reidy
Reidy, What all service do you provide? Do you have a website? Had an avenger .22 for a couple years now and ready to do some bottle upgrades and some tuning if you are interested?
Rather than give someone else the money, use it to buy the tools you need to do these simple jobs yourself. There are lots of video tutorials on youtube and people here to help you and teach you better ways of doing things. You can reach past the threads of the port plug with a carbide burr in a rotary tool to open up the port without making the extra work of tapping the hole again.
Really good rotary tool
Carbide burr set

rotary - Copy.jpg

burrs - Copy.jpg

Reactions: jearly and Reidy
Rather than give someone else the money, use it to buy the tools you need to do these simple jobs yourself. There are lots of video tutorials on youtube and people here to help you and teach you better ways of doing things. You can reach past the threads of the port plug with a carbide burr in a rotary tool to open up the port without making the extra work of tapping the hole again.
Really good rotary tool
Carbide burr set

View attachment 289620
View attachment 289621
I'm all for people doing their own work and these definitely look like some nice budget tools.

I'm interested. Don't have a website yet, I know I need one. I sell the stuff I make on Ebay and sell direct. I make bottle adapters, regulator bottle adapters, open up the ports and valve, make plenums and I'm starting to make peek poppets. Pretty much all tuning.

Last edited:
Hi, I just found this thread and am glad I did. I have an Avenger .25 which I moded with the AR stock. I was shooting it a lot until the valve started leaking. I just got a rebuild kit from PA and am ready to take it apart. Do you know if your plenums will fit in the AR stock? The space between the frame halves is .865.
TIA

John
Hi John.

I see you found me on eBay. Yes it’ll fit.

I can reach out to you directly for your email address when it’s ready and send you a PayPal invoice.