Tuning Air Venturi Avenger upgrade/mod help

The older style one is just a cylinder shape that sits over a flat or slightly raised hole. The new style poppet sits in a beveled hole and seals by using the edge of the poppet pushing into the beveled hole.

The black one is my PEEK replacement next to the OE delrin one and an old style popped but made from white PEEK made by Dark Charisma.

View attachment 317758
Hey Reidy,
Do you have a link to parts you make? Or should we just go through message system here?

Here is Spring I use. I also use 10cc Plenum.

Screenshot 2023-02-22 141240.png

Here is Spring I use. I also use 10cc Plenum.

View attachment 334507
46fpe is respectable.

I have a customer / friend / collaborator, now running a .22 bullpup with a plemum I made for it and he's getting into the 60's fpe, that's also with porting done and a bigger valve / poppet.

I also have another friend / customer / collaborator that's getting into the 100's with his .25. He's the second I've now helped achieve .22LR power.

46fpe is respectable.

I have a customer / friend / collaborator, now running a .22 bullpup with a plemum I made for it and he's getting into the 60's fpe, that's also with porting done and a bigger valve / poppet.

I also have another friend / customer / collaborator that's getting into the 100's with his .25. He's the second I've now helped achieve .22LR power.
Great information. Thank you !

135fpe ? That usually requires .30 caliber with relatively heavy slugs.
CCI 22LR standard velocity states 102fpe muzzle energy. Other brands state similar performance.

CCI 22LR standard velocity states 102fpe muzzle energy. Other brands state similar performance.
CCI is playing word games now calling subsonic "standard velocity." It may be their new standard but not the rest of the industry. 1220 to 1270 fps was the standard from a rifle length barrel most of my life and specialty rounds like the stinger were even faster with their lighter bullet.
Standard - Copy.jpg

CCI is playing word games now calling subsonic "standard velocity." It may be their new standard but not the rest of the industry. 1220 to 1270 fps was the standard from a rifle length barrel most of my life and specialty rounds like the stinger were even faster with their lighter bullet.
View attachment 334828
OK. I stand corrected. I looked at the first few results from a search and they all came back with around 100fpe so didn't look much further adding as they correlated with each other.

Hello, first timer here. I'm looking for some help making mods to my Air Venturi Avenger . 25 cal. I'm trying to locate the correct 'light' valve spring to replace the stock one. The tap size for the transfer port 1/4-20 or 1/4-28? Also I was wondering about the pros of adding an 18cc plenum extension "18cc Air Plenum For Air Venturi Avenger. ☆Gauging Interest Only☆ Please Read!" . I was thinking about getting that and a douxsilencers bottle adapter to add a 450cc bottle. I'm hoping to the expand shot count per fill and bump up fps/fpe. Any help is much appreciated.
, AND

Alien Airguns And Bargains Check him out, builds great quality stuff he's on FB.​

IMG_20220926_172507695.jpg

Hello, first timer here. I'm looking for some help making mods to my Air Venturi Avenger . 25 cal. I'm trying to locate the correct 'light' valve spring to replace the stock one. The tap size for the transfer port 1/4-20 or 1/4-28? Also I was wondering about the pros of adding an 18cc plenum extension "18cc Air Plenum For Air Venturi Avenger. ☆Gauging Interest Only☆ Please Read!" . I was thinking about getting that and a douxsilencers bottle adapter to add a 450cc bottle. I'm hoping to the expand shot count per fill and bump up fps/fpe. Any help is much appreciated.
Stabilizing your shroud to bottle is what I consider an accuracy upgrade.

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: Dogowsky and Reidy
My I knurling didn't turn out the best and I need to polish some parts a little more and my slots are not the cleanest ( I went back in and lengthened them ) but I'm fairly happy with them for a first attempt.

None of it was drawn before I started. I just made to the 'design' I had in my head, which made it take twice as long as it should have.

Can you tell I'm my worst critic yet?

My I knurling didn't turn out the best and I need to polish some parts a little more and my slots are not the cleanest ( I went back in and lengthened them ) but I'm fairly happy with them for a first attempt.

None of it was drawn before I started. I just made to the 'design' I had in my head, which made it take twice as long as it should have.

Can you tell I'm my worst critic yet?
I don't know how much experience you have machining but keep lubricant flowing over your knurl the whole time you're cutting it for the cleanest result. WD40 works well. Give it a little scotch-brite while still spinning to knock off the sharp edges and Bob's your uncle.

I don't know how much experience you have machining but keep lubricant flowing over your knurl the whole time you're cutting it for the cleanest result. WD40 works well. Give it a little scotch-brite while still spinning to knock off the sharp edges and Bob's your uncle.
I'm fairly experienced and have quite a bit of knurling in the past. I backed off the pressure to take a look and when I pushed back in the lower wheel engaged between the grooves and made new ones. My own fault.