• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenger Updates???

My .25 at 50 yds

IMG_2161.1623508481.jpg

Nice!!! I hope I am able to do that well with mine. Have to get it out to where I can do 50 yards. Sure it is capable just not sure about me. Lol. I’m just glad that 30 FPS spike is manageable for now in a hunting situation. 

I recently tried out three Avenger .22s and all three had regulator creep. All three were the new baffle models with a creep rate of 200 PSI in seven minutes plus an over night creep of 600 to 800 PSI. The rate of creep in all three Avengers was exactly the same which indicates a manufacturers defect. My begging of Pyramyd Air to send a non-creeper fell on deaf ears due mainly to their robotic customer service system. The ten for ten purchase is a joke which includes pumping up the air rifle and shooting it ten times and sticking back a box for shipment. Don't think regulator creep diagnoses is on their agenda. Good luck on getting that problem addressed. My request was simple. Please don't send another creeper. Somehow without my understanding as to why, my last creeper was channeled over to Air Venturi for an evaluation. My hope was they were going to find me a new non-creeper. Wrong! My creeper was evaluated by pumping it up, looking at the tank pressure and doing a shot string. What does that have to do with regulator creep. The verdict of Air Venturi, " nothing wrong with your air rifle". The Air Vernturi procedure was identical to the joke Pyramyd Air calls ten for ten. Presently, I am seeking a refund but feel that will be ignored even though the Avenger creeper is within the 60 day return policy. 

My research and investigation has revealed a possible explanation for ignoring the Avenger creepers. First, it is possible the creepers are a manufacturers defect of unknown quantities. The Avenger had a poppet problem that took over a year to solve. This may be the case for the creepers with the current Avenger inventory plus the cargo boats waiting at the dock to be unloaded from China. If my speculation is correct on the problem being wide spread, Pyramyd Air and Air Venturi are sitting on a possible loss of revenue if a regulator defect becomes common knowledge. .This is why I think Avenger regulator issues are ignored. Another issue that has compounded the problem is the lack of spare parts from China. Replacement regulators may not be available.

Please don't take my word for this information. Do your own investigation. Buy the Avenger if that is your preference. Above is my speculation based on experience and research however flawed that may be. This is an issue that air rifle consumers should at least have an awareness. One bit of advice I will give, if you have the 60 day exchange and return policy for the Avenger from Pyramyd Air, examine your air rifle ASAP and take advantage of the warranty. Don't send it to Air Venturi during those 60 days, you will regret it.

I recently tried out three Avenger .22s and all three had regulator creep. All three were the new baffle models with a creep rate of 200 PSI in seven minutes plus an over night creep of 600 to 800 PSI. The rate of creep in all three Avengers was exactly the same which indicates a manufacturers defect. My begging of Pyramyd Air to send a non-creeper fell on deaf ears due mainly to their robotic customer service system. The ten for ten purchase is a joke which includes pumping up the air rifle and shooting it ten times and sticking back a box for shipment. Don't think regulator creep diagnoses is on their agenda. Good luck on getting that problem addressed. My request was simple. Please don't send another creeper. Somehow without my understanding as to why, my last creeper was channeled over to Air Venturi for an evaluation. My hope was they were going to find me a new non-creeper. Wrong! My creeper was evaluated by pumping it up, looking at the tank pressure and doing a shot string. What does that have to do with regulator creep. The verdict of Air Venturi, " nothing wrong with your air rifle". The Air Vernturi procedure was identical to the joke Pyramyd Air calls ten for ten. Presently, I am seeking a refund but feel that will be ignored even though the Avenger creeper is within the 60 day return policy. 

My research and investigation has revealed a possible explanation for ignoring the Avenger creepers. First, it is possible the creepers are a manufacturers defect of unknown quantities. The Avenger had a poppet problem that took over a year to solve. This may be the case for the creepers with the current Avenger inventory plus the cargo boats waiting at the dock to be unloaded from China. If my speculation is correct on the problem being wide spread, Pyramyd Air and Air Venturi are sitting on a possible loss of revenue if a regulator defect becomes common knowledge. .This is why I think Avenger regulator issues are ignored. Another issue that has compounded the problem is the lack of spare parts from China. Replacement regulators may not be available.

Please don't take my word for this information. Do your own investigation. Buy the Avenger if that is your preference. Above is my speculation based on experience and research however flawed that may be. This is an issue that air rifle consumers should at least have an awareness. One bit of advice I will give, if you have the 60 day exchange and return policy for the Avenger from Pyramyd Air, examine your air rifle ASAP and take advantage of the warranty. Don't send it to Air Venturi during those 60 days, you will regret it.

6-800 is unacceptable. It may work itself out as it breaks in. I would just keep it with the reality in mind that I would eventually replace the reg. Mine has the 100 to 200 psi creep but stops there. Other than the reg creep it shoots so well it is ridiculous. Literally anything you throw in it is dime sized at 50 yards. So glad I didn’t get rid of mine. 

Strange with that much creep. I have the very first batch sent out and haven't had any problems with creep whatsoever. I did tear it apart first thing to check everything out. The only thing I've experienced is first few shots may be around 200psi off after sitting. I always dry fire a few anyways if it has been sitting. I suggest anyone with an avenger to periodically put a few drops of silicone in the fill nipple before filling. Seems to help many people with the creep issues